happier

The day was Oct 28, 2023, and I was already counting down the days until I left for home. After another day of shooting scenes, Mo invited me over to her trailer. I had been cautious, not wanting to say anything or get in between them. I walked over to her trailer, wearing a long sleeve shirt and some sweatpants.

(insert your own pictures >:D )

I walked over, fiddling with my paper ring. I was about to knock on the door when Momona let the door swing open. "Come in!" she yelled from her living room. I took off my shoes, left them at the door, and walked in, sitting across Mo on the floor. "We're making bracelets today."

"I can see that, "I say, pointing out the bunch of beads, lettered, shiny, square. If it was a type of bracelet bead, it was on her floor right now. "What for?"

"I'm going to Taylor Swift's concert in Japan. These are friendship bracelets!" I nodded, remembering that I would get to meet Taylor soon. "Help me make some," she continued, handing me a piece of elastic string. I decided to pull up some of my favorite songs and put lyrics in the bracelets. We continued peacefully for about an hour. We made 15 bracelets in that timeframe.

"Nice. At this rate we'll have 100 bracelets," I said, grabbing beads for a "Girl at Home" bracelet, as well as beads for an "Illicit Affairs" bracelet. Obviously I was gonna hint at my anger of Walker and Mo's relationship through Taylor Swift songs. Mo finished two more while I grabbed my beads. "Goddamn woman, slow down," I chuckled.

"Leave me and my fast hands alone. Finish your," she started, peering over my shoulder to read the letters spread out on the floor. I couldn't decipher it off the top of my head. "Finish your Girl at Home and Illicit Affairs bracelet."

"Damn, never knew you were that big of a Swiftie," I chuckled, starting to thread letters. The trailer hummed in silence, but we still got work done. Halfway through the "Illicit Affairs" bracelet and Mo's twentieth, she started playing music. Helped set the mood for the next hour. But something kept trying to come out of my mouth that whole time. When did you and Walker start everything? The question nagged through my brain until I couldn't take it anymore.

"I'm really happy for you and Walker. Couldn't be happier. But when did you and Walker..." I said over the bridge of "Red", trailing off as she looked up at me. I looked down. Nope, still not good at eye contact.

"We started talking about two weeks before we made paper rings," she said, also looking back down at  her in-progress bracelet. "He's really shy, and I was the one who asked him if he wanted to try something." I nodded, taking mental notes. "What lyrics are you doing right now?" she asked, peering over my arms.

"Um, it's nice to have a friend," I said, showing her my pink beads surrounding the acronym for the song; "INTHAF". "What about you?" I asked, also trying to change the subject. I don't know why I brought it up in the first place.

"I'm gonna finish this one. It's a Long Live one, with the title in glow-in-the-dark letters. Then, I think I might make a Sabrina one since she's opening for her," she said, showing me the bracelet. So far it said "Long Li", and she had the rest of her beads lined up. I silently kept threading beads and letters through the thread, and the only sound that filled the room was the sound of the AC whirring. I finished my bracelet, and cut the thread for one more. This one was for me. "What's that one?" Mo asked, noticing I grabbed some more beads.

"A small one for my friend," I said, grabbing the letters L, E, J, A, and D. I also grabbed a & symbol one. I don't know why Mo had symbols in her beads, but I wasn't complaining.   

"Alright," she said, placing her finished bracelet in the pile and gathering new supplies for her new one. I finished the one for Lele quickly, and tried thinking of new ones but couldn't. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling."You okay?" she asked, making me look up. I wanted to leave, but didn't want to offend her.

"Yeah! Just ran out of ideas, that's all," I said. Mo noticed me rubbing my legs back and forth, pointing it out. I sighed. "I usually do that when I'm antsy."

"You can go, J," she reassured, smiling. "Nothing is keeping you. Especially if you ran out of ideas." I felt bad, but with the reassurance, I smiled back and walked towards the door. Mo walked me out with a hug, then I walked to my trailer, phone already calling Lele.

"Girl, I know you're awake, pick up," I muttered, unlocking my trailer and throwing my bracelets and purse to the side. I flopped on my bed just as Lele picked up. "Good morning sunshine."

"You woke me up at 1 PM. This better be good."

"We have a timeframe," I said. That seemed to wake Lele right up. "Two weeks before I called you and told you about the paper rings."

"Alright, so it's been almost a month since they've started," Lele deduced, scribbling something on that whiteboard. "When's the last time you texted Cailey?"

"Oh, wow. Uh, not for a while, that's for sure."

"Alright. If anyone knows more about this, it's her. She's all over Cailey's Insta," she said nonchalantly. I didn't even know Lele followed Cailey.

"Stalker much?" I asked, exiting out of the FaceTime and typing out a text to Cailey.

"And proud. Walker has this hilarious video of him during COVID spreading."

"Send it," I say almost instantly, then remembered Mo mentioning a video in the GC the first time we texted. I chuckled out loud, sending Cailey's text.

~~

Jade Bracelet
hey girly pop
i need to ask you a couple of questions :3