10: The punch

The day was hot and sunny, the sweat dripping from skin felt gross and sticky. Uncomfortable.

Jisoo was with her family today and Chaeyoung, who tagged along with her.

The brunette was sitting inside her parents house, her purple dress with a white collar matched Chaeyoung's who's was pink. Her gaze dead set on Soo-ho, who was sitting across from her. Her grip on her fork tighten with rage before feeling a soft hand place themselves on top of hers, her eyes looked over at her wife who was engaging in a small conversation with her sister.

"I'm so happy you could make it for family dinner."

Her mother says with a tight happy smile, Jisoo knew better than to believe it. She's seen that smile many times-

"It's not really family." Soo ho remarks, his eyes looked over at the blonde.

"Chaeyoung's my wife, so she is technically family." Jisoo interjects, "just like you."

"So Chaeyoung, how's your father?" Mr. Kim asks watching his daughter in law end the conversation with his daughter.

"He's fine." The blonde answered.

"We're family now, you should open up more." He jokes, "don't talk to us how you do with Jisoo."

"I don't mind." Jisoo says, "I like how Chaeyoung talks."

"You do?" Chaeyoung asked, her eyes widen a little towards her wife.

"You do?!" Soo-ho says rather shocked, "she talks like a robot!"

"Soo-ho!" Jisoo's sister shushed him, "don't be rude!"

"It's true, she talks like she doesn't have any emotions." He said, "it's like talking to the wall."

"Soo-ho's right, Chaeyoung addresses us like business partners than family." Mrs. Kim adds, "I'm sure her father made her like this."

Jisoo glanced over at her wife, who was looking down at her plate with a slight embarrassment in her eyes. The brunette grabbed the girls hand and looked at her family with an angry expression.

"I don't care what you guys think."

"I love talking to Chaeyoung, our conversations are good and I love that about her. So what if she can't show much emotion? It doesn't matter. I love her for who she is, robot or not, I don't care." Jisoo snaps, "You shouldn't judge my wife for how she speaks, she has a hard time letting people in and I'm fortunate enough to have her heart."

"Yeah right." Soo-ho muttered under his breath.

"THAT'S IT!" Jisoo let's go of her wife's hand and slammed her hands down on the table, she stood up from her chair causing everyone to look at her with shock.

"I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU!" She yelled, "You stupid piece of-"

A hand covered the girls mouth, the brunette was dragged away from the table as loud mumbles were beginning to become distant. Chaeyoung guided them to leave the house immediately before things could've gotten worse, they both walked out to the front.

"You need to be careful of what you say." Chaeyoung said before taking her hand away from her wife's mouth, "you can't just-"

"Come on! They were making fun of you!" Jisoo says, "especially Soo ho! He doesn't-"

"Jisoo, we're at your parents house. You need to be proper." Chaeyoung shuts her down, "you can't just be rude to them."

"I'm just trying to help you!"

"I don't need help."

"But-"

"Jisoo!" The two girls looked back seeing Sooho standing there with a unreadable expression, his hands held a small gift.

"Your mom wanted me to give you this." He walks over, "you better not be hurting her, Park." Hatred laced in his voice.

"Of course not." Chaeyoung stood in front of her wife, "why would I?"

"It's you after all, you're a park after all." Soo ho sneers. "The apple doesn't fall from the tree."

It was like slow motion, as Lisa would say. Jisoo watched in slow motion as the blondes fist raised up, a gasp and a loud smack could be heard.

Chaeyoung raised her fist and swung it towards the face of the man, her fist with her gold band collided with the eye of the man. The punch caused the two to scrunch with pain. One fallen and the other still standing.

Jisoo's family stood there at the front door watching in shock, her sister rushes over with a shout along with Mrs. Kim.

Chaeyoung stood there breathing heavily as reality settled in, she looks at her hand and back at her wife with fear in her eyes.

Regret.

Once they got home, Jisoo knew it was eating her wife up. The blonde kept her head down as she entered the house, ashamed of what she has done.
The maids and butlers greeted her but was met with silence, Jisoo apologized for her wife. She asked for an ice bag while following her wife, the maid nods and immediately goes to the kitchen in a hurry.

Jisoo followed her wife upstairs, seeing her wife sit properly on their bed. Her hands resting on her lap as she kept her gaze down, not daring to speak.

"Chaeyoung?"

"Chae?"

"I punched him."

"I punched him, I'm so sorry!"

The blonde snaps head up at her wife, her eyes vulnerable to the others. Guilt, fear, and vulnerability swam in the girls eyes.

"Hey, it's okay." Jisoo sat besides her on the bed, "he had it coming..."

"I know you didn't mean it, but he deserved it." Jisoo says, "he insulted your family."

"You're family will hate me now."

"So? I don't need them, I got you and Lisa." Jisoo reassured her, "that's all I need."

The two looked at each other in silence as their faces moved closer, with the time slowing down around them, their lips connected.