a life of my own

"Get out of here" Lorelai exclaims at the dinner table

"I will not get out of here" Emily defensively responds

"No Mom, I didn't really mean get out of here, I mean-"

"Why is Grandpa in Akron" Rory interrupts

Sabrina tunes out the rest of the conversation. Unsure of why she's always dragged to Friday night dinners, it's not like her grandparents are paying for any of her hobbies. Her grandparents more or less treat her the same as Lorelai, there's hints love but mostly disappointment. How did Rory become the more favored twin even in her own family...

she quickly drawn back into the conversation when she hears the word "Oil portrait"

"An oil portrait of you and Sabrina, for his study"

"An oil portrait" Rory and Sabrina state at the same time

"I tried, have fun" Lorelai says previously trying to warn Rory earlier in the conversation

"It could hang right over his mantle. He'd just love it." Emily looks up as if she were daydreaming about the painting

Well, I guess that would be okay." Rory responds

"Uh- hello what about my opinion" Sabrina interjects

"Oh Mom, please, don't make them do this" Lorelai sympathizes with Sabrina

"She just said she would"

Lorelai looks over at Sabrina and squeezes her hand under the table. In response Sabrina silently sighs and mouths "It's okay", Lorelai in return mouths an apology

"Fine, paint the picture, but don't make them sit and pose for it. Paint it from a photo"

"A photo? That's what they do at malls"

"I'll sit, it's fine."

Sabrina groans at Rory's response and zones out of the conversation again, as if her opinion would ever be considered by her grandmother. Tired of always being treated like one entity, whatever Rory says, goes. Why can't she make her own decisions outside of Rory's, even if it's unintentional everything is always her way. Especially with her grandmother, she doesn't even say "them" or "they", it's always "she" or "her" it's as if Rory is both of them.

The conversation continues on about Lorelai's own oil portrait experience, and how she scared off the painters. Sabrina continues to zone in and out, occasionally laughing at her mother's quick remarks, until it's time to leave.

Exhausted from everything, she goes straight up into her room and flops down onto her bed. She glances at the phone number list she stole from the kitchen and picks up the phone.

"Main Food Source" She reads her mother's fast scribbly handwriting-

Luke's diner-