Goodbye Jess

Jess had moved back to New York, only saying goodbye to Luke

Jess had moved back to New York, only saying goodbye to Luke. He couldn't handle saying goodbye to Sabrina, he couldn't see her in that condition. He saw her walking to school before he left, a highly decorated cast covered her arm. How could he say goodbye and leave her like that when he was the one that caused it. He just packed his things and left without a single trace.

Sabrina walked to school anxiously awaiting to see Jess again. She hurriedly bounced her leg up and down in her first two periods waiting to get to third. She walked towards her history class, her heart beating out of her chest. Jess had asked her to be his, Jess was now her boyfriend. She stood at the door blushing and giggling at the word boyfriend. Lindsay lightly shoved her by the shoulders bringing her out of her daydream. After the incident the only thing Sabrina cared about was calling up Lindsay and telling her the wonderful news. Jess was her boyfriend.

"You know you don't have to stand here blocking the entrance fantasizing about Jess, you can actually see him if you take about one step forward" Lindsay teased while making two of her fingers walk like a person.

"Sorry I'm just nervous and excited and nervous"

"Well go be nervous inside the classroom, you got this" Lindsay smiled and gave her a push of encouragement

Sabrina entered the classroom and saw that Jess's seat was empty. He was usually here before her because he would skip all the classes that they didn't have together. She sat down in her seat rapidly tapping her nails on the desk. The bell eventually rang and there was still no sign of Jess. Sabrina stayed zoned out of the rest of the class occasionally glancing up at the clock. Her mind ran a million miles thinking of every possible reason why Jess wasn't here, some good, some bad, but she never thought of the truth. Jess was gone and she had no clue.

After school Sabrina went straight to Luke's. Luke watched her out the window, he had been nervously waiting for her to come in all day. He thought of every which way to break the news to her, possible lies or excuses, that Jess was only visiting New York and he would be back by the end of the week. He couldn't though, he knew he had to tell the truth, even if it would break both of their hearts.

"Hey Luke, where's Jess?" Sabrina asked tapping her nails on the counter

Luke had his back facing towards her, he quickly wiped his eyes, took a deep breath, and turned to face her.

"Hey uh Sabrina, um well Jess isn't exactly here right now"

"Really? He's not upstairs? He wasn't at school either, do you think he's out playing basketball?"

"No uh Sabrina, he's gone"

"What?" Sabrina confusedly looks at Luke

"After the incident, he left, he's back in New York with his mom"

"What? For how long?"

Luke stays silent not knowing how to answer, he wanted to break down in tears. Sabrina did break down in tears and just ran out the diner.

She ran all the way out to the bridge and sat there for the rest of the night eventually falling asleep on the cold damp wooden planks.