Construction Pt. 3

Sabrina, Jess, and Paris were waiting in the kitchen when they heard Dean storm in.

"What's this" He demands "now I know you eat fast but this is a lot of food to put away that quickly, even on your best day."

"Okay, so he didn't just drop it off, but he came he for Sabrina you should know that"

"You told me you were doing laundry tonight"

"I was"

"now all these people are here"

"Dean, they're here for me" Sabrina chimes in but Dean just shoots her a dirty look, Jess pulls her chair closer to him

"It would've nice to have been invited to the party" Dean rolls his eyes

"Look it just happened alright"

"How does this just happen"

"Well, it's because"

"One phone call Rory, that's all it would've taken"

Rory stays quiet not knowing what to say, sure she could've called Dean and invited him over when they all started talking and having fun, but this was supposed to be her evening. As soon as they were done eating Paris probably would've gone home and Jess and Sabrina would've gone upstairs, she would get to be alone again, she just couldn't get the words out to explain what happened.

"What? Say something!" Dean snapped Rory out of her thoughts, that's when Sabrina stood up and walked over to them

"Don't yell at her" Sabrina defends

"This doesn't concern you" Dean looks down at her

"You don't get to just walk in my house, yell at my sister, then have the audacity to say this doesn't concern me"

"Back off Sabrina" Dean yells again causing her to jump and Jess to stand up out of his seat

"Look Rory, it's not about who the people are or who invited them, it just feels like you were purposely excluding me" Dean tries to calmly explain

"That's not what happened, you know I would never" Rory pleads

"Well you did"

"No offense Dean, but you're being stupid. Rory wanted to be alone and she was, Paris and Jess just showed up, and you what? expect her to just not eat? That's ridiculous you're not owed a night at our house just because I have people over. It's not Rory's fault it's mine, so stoping acting like it is" Sabrina stares into Deans eyes praying something she said will click in his head.

Dean stares down at the girl for a moment before he grabs Sabrina's face and pulls her into a kiss, Sabrina screams and tries to push him off but he is too strong.

"Dean!?" Rory yells rushing over to her sister trying to help her

"What the hell!?" Jess yells successfully pulling him off then hitting Dean in the face, the two of them start swinging on each other

"Oh my god!" Paris yells also rushing to Sabrina's side, who sat on the floor holding her knees to her chest trying to breathe

"Dean get out!" Rory demanded, Jess broke away from the fight first and ran over to hold Sabrina in his arms

"What about him?" Dean angrily asked

"He didn't kiss my sister" Rory pointed at the door

"Whatever" Dean says before leaving

Sabrina rested her head in Jess' lap, his arms wrapped around her curled up body, she squeezed one of his arms the other held onto her face. Paris sat on one side rubbing her back, while Rory sat on the other rubbing her head. They stayed like this until Sabrina drifted off to sleep, Jess then carried her up to his room.

"I uh, better go" Paris said still on the floor next to Rory

"You should stay" Rory offered

"Stay?"

"Yeah. We could hang out, maybe watch some TV. You can even spend the night if you don't wanna drive all the way back to Hartford."

"Spend the night, like a slumber party?"

"Yeah, like a slumber party" Rory smiled

Up in Sabrina's room, Jess had gently put her down on her bed. He pulled up a chair next to her and watched her sleep, he examined her cheek and noticed a slight mark where Dean had grabbed her, he almost wanted to cry. But he mostly wanted to kill Dean. He always thought Dean was an asshole but he didn't think he would ever be capable of this.

Sabrina slowly opened her eyes

"Jess" she whispered out

Jess grabbed her hands into his own "yes?"

"Hold me"

Jess climbed into the bed pulling her into his chest and wrapping his arms around her, eventually both falling asleep. Rory came in later to check on them, she looked at the two sleeping and just shut off the lights.