4 Years Later Pt. 2

Jess rushed down the street frantically trying to wave down a taxi. Once successful he yanked opened the door and shoved his backpack inside, millions of papers fell out.

"Where too?" The driver asked

"Gilmore Gallery" Jess replied

"You going to see the art show there?"

"Indeed"

"Yeah, my daughter's over there too, she's a huge fan of that Sabrina girl"

"So am I" Jess said while patting a small box in his pocket

The taxi cab pulled up to the gallery, Jess to notice of the sign and smiled proudly. He payed the driver, got out and headed inside.

He quickly scanned the area looking for Sabrina. He saw her talking to a group of visitors. She looked so elegant and professional. Even from a distance he could tell how intelligently she was speaking about her art work. How charming she was being as he saw the silhouettes of the group roar their heads up in laughter from her wit.

The group began to slowly disperse and Sabrina began to scan the area too. Her face immediately lit up once she made eye contact with Jess. She ran over nearly tripping over her heels and pulled him into a hug.

"Hey" Jess pulled away and kissed her

"Hi" Sabrina replied kissing him back

"I'm so proud of you, this is just unbelievable. Everything looks amazing, it's so you"

"Thank you, I'm glad you made it"

"Of course" Jess smiled

"The sales are doing amazing too, I mean we nearly sold out!"

"I better go buy some then" Jess joked

"Come on, you know I already saved you like a million copies"

"I know"

"Hey Jess, welcome" Rory said approaching the couple

"Hey Rory" Jess greeted back

"So um, there's a little issue with one of the pieces" Rory awkwardly stated

"What!?" Sabrina immediately began to panic

"It's no big deal, you don't need to worry about it. Jess can help me fix it, right Jess?"

"Right..." Jess nervously nodded

"Are you sure? What happened?" Sabrina panicked

"Nothing nothing, I promise it's a quick and easy fix. Just focus on the people, there's tons waiting to talk to you"

"Alright if you say it's not a big deal..."

"It's not, come on Jess" Rory and Jess quickly rushed off

Sabrina continued to talk to all the visitors for a while. Rory eventually came back over with a disappointed look on her face.

"Rory? What's wrong?" Sabrina quickly matching her expression

"Sabrina, I'm so sorry. I don't know what happened but one of your pieces...it's ruined"

"What? What's happening?"

"I think someone tampered with it, and Jess and I tried to fix it but...we just made it worse. I'm so sorry, I thought it was no big deal but it was"

"Where's Jess?"

"He's too upset to face you, he's really sorry though"

"Take me to the piece" Sabrina stated

"Are you sure? It's pretty bad"

"Yes, I'm sure it's fine" Sabrina took in a deep breath trying to hide her irritation

"Alright follow me" Rory slowly turned and began to walk towards a little hallway that lead into a separate room

"He's in there, don't be too mean he tried his best to fix it" Rory explained

Sabrina entered the room alone, it was dark.

"Jess?" Sabrina called out

Suddenly she heard a sound of a match being struck, and then a candle lit up. She could hear the melody of her favorite song being played by a soft piano. She walked further into the room and nearly fell down from what she saw next.

Jess was on one knee, with a box in hand. Sabrina ran over and dropped to his height. Her hand slapped over her mouth and tears formed in her eyes.

"Jess" Sabrina sobbed out

"Sabrina, I-" Jess tried to start his speech he practiced all last night, he couldn't get a word out before sobbing alongside Sabrina

Sabrina and Jess pulled each other into a hug, and sobbed together while still on the floor. They stayed there for a while until Jess pulled away and tried to pull himself together.

"Let me try again" Jess whispered while wiping some tears

"Okay" Sabrina whispered back

"Sabrina Elizabeth Gilmore, from the day I saw you I was immediately entranced by your presence. Everything about you was pure beauty and radiance. It's like the sun dropped you down on earth, you bring light to everyone. Especially to me, the way you make me laugh until I'm in actual pain, and smile so hard I might get permanently stuck that way. I'm so proud of everything you've done, and everything you will do and I want to support you through all of it. You take up my entire mind, heart, and soul. Every meal I have I want to share with you, every song I hear I want to hear you singing along, every sight I see I want to take a picture with you in front of it, every second, minute, hour, day, week, month, and year I want you there. Forever. Will you be my forever Sabrina, will you please marry me?"

"Oh Jess" Sabrina began to sob uncontrollably again

"Yes, I will a million times I will marry you" Sabrina pulled Jess into a wet teary kiss.

———————————————————————————
AN: sadly this book is ending I have a few little things planned out but then that's it 😭
I love it so much and I can't thank you guys enough for loving it as well thank you so much for reading 😭🫶