The Murder Pt. 2

Jess and Sabrina met up after school to walk to the diner together. Across the street Sabrina notices a ruckus happening outside of Doose's Market.

"What's going on over there"

"I have no idea" Jess says with a hint of sarcasm, which Sabrina doesn't pick up on

"Hey there's Lane and Rory, lets go over there"

Sabrina grabs Jess by the arm nearly dragging him across the street until they meet up with Rory and Lane.

"What's going on" Sabrina asks again this time to Rory

Rory was quickly interrupted by the total freak out Taylor was having

"Calm down! Why should I calm down?"

"Yeah, why should he calm down?"  Kirk chimed in

Sabrina and Rory looked at each other in disbelief and shared a quick laugh. A clearly fake chalk outline of a dead body was found outside of Doose's Market. Considering this was Stars Hallow, a place where nothing ever happens, this was probably the biggest news story of the week, maybe even the year, causing a total meltdown from Taylor.

"Wow, I've never thought I see someone more over dramatic then you Sabrina" Rory remarked

"Yeah I've got some real competition, I better go home and work on my fake cry"

After a quick goodbye Sabrina headed back home, she couldn't care less about Taylor and his theatrical performance or who would even be stupid enough to pull such a thing against Taylor. Clearly someone who doesn't know him that well.

Back in the Doose crowd Rory had met up with Dean, but managed to take note of the smug look on Jess' face. She rolled her eyes and held onto Deans arm tighter.
——————————————————————————

The next day Mia, the owner of the Independence Inn, had decided to drop in for a surprise visit. She took Rory and Lorelai to Luke's diner where Sabrina already was.

"Mia!" Sabrina runs over to give her a hug

"Oh there's my third baby" She stares at her for a bit "just as I expected, way too beautiful, just like your mother and sister"

"Aw Mia, do I still pass the surprise inspection"

"Of course my dear, now come let's sit down I'm starving" Mia laughs

Luke struggling to fix a toaster eventually walks over to the ladies.

"Mia hey!"

"Nice to see you Lucas"

"You're the only person in the world who can call me that, Mia."

"I know this."

"I'm saying it for others who plan to try it later." Luke glares and both Sabrina and Lorelai

"Whatever Lucas." Lorelai says

"Mia, you know anything about toasters?" Luke says ignoring Lorelai

"Not a damn thing."

"Well, then sit down and let me get you some coffee"

Luke continues to "fix" the toaster, which meant hitting it constantly, then Jess comes downstairs. He rolls his eyes in disbelief at his uncle. Jess tells Luke he's making it worse which Luke doesn't appreciate. After introducing him to Mia, and Jess just muttering out a "huh", he leaves. Sabrina quickly excuses herself and follows after him.

Rory watches her sister, quickly becoming annoyed.