Payback~ Arno and Shay

Arno had nothing to do after Élise's death. Years had passed. He'd been welcomed into the Brotherhood, being one of the best Assassin's.

He felt that there was nothing to do in his life. He did his part in helping France, Arno had even helped Élise before she passed.

The man felt that something was missing, someone had gone unpunished.

It took him years, but Arno had found him at last. The man who murdered his father all those years back.

Arno was now an older man, his hair starting to lose it's color and his bones began to ache more than before. He was still strong and fit, able to climb and run like a young man but his appearance showed as he aged.

Nearing his mid 40's, Arno found out who killed his father.

A Templar. Shay Cormac.

The Assassin did his research, found out all there was to Shay. He was once an Assassin himself but in later years left to join the Templars.

Arno didn't care whether he was a Templar or not. Shay killed his father.

He found out that the old man resided in New York, where he was born. Shay must've gone back to his home after years of travel. It only suited him, to die where he was born.

Arno decided to travel to New York. He would kill the man once he found out where he lived. It didn't take long.
It took some days to make arrangements, but Arno was on his way to New York.

He carried Élise's pendant with him everywhere he went, Arno had managed to grab a hold of it years ago. It gave him a sort of peace, knowing that she was still somehow with him.

It wasn't difficult finding Shay, he lived in an old folks home owned by the church.

What a disgusting way to go. Arno felt pity for the man, he was once a great fighter, a feared man, and now he was with all the other rotting elders.

Arno would take him out of his misery soon enough. He'd slice his throat with his blade, or perhaps give him a clean death and smother him with a pillow. Either way, Shay Cormac would die.

It wasn't hard getting into the old folks home. Arno would lie and say it was his father if they asked. That was his plan.

He stripped himself of any obvious weapons and made his way to the mansion.

It was large enough for a variety size of families.

Arno went over and found a younger woman who worked there and would be able to help him.

"May I ask where Shay Cormac is roomed? I've come to visit him," Arno explained.

The blonde woman looked him over. "Your relation toward him?"

Arno gave a quick smile. Flattery and good manners would get you to a lot of places. "He is my father."

Saying the word sent chills up his spine. He'd die before Cormac became his father. His father was a good man, Arno knew he was good. He was proud to call Charles Dorian his father.

"Your father? We were never told he had children," she said as she started walking toward the stairs, "I'm sorry to say, your father passed just a few months ago."

Arno stopped in his track's. Dead. Shay Cormac, the one who murdered his father was dead.

"What?" his face paled as he spoke.

"I'm very sorry," the woman spoke as if she'd rehearsed the lines.

Of course, death must be a frequent visitor in such a place.