𝙾𝚗𝚎 - 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗

"𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐰

𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬 𝐜𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐝"

It's nighttime in Jackson, and you weren't planning on going out at all. Your plans for the rest of the day were to spend some time on your poems. It has been one of your only hobbies for years, and most of the kids had thought you were 'silly' for it, but nothing ever gave you the same amount of true relaxation as poetry did, so even though it wasn't one of your proudest sides, you kept it going to keep yourself happy and at ease. You often found it easy to write your feelings down instead of talking to others about it. 

You had come to Jackson as just a little girl, dropped off by both of your parents. They were careless Fireflies, who only wanted to travel and fight, and were in no shape or form ready to raise a child. Growing up as an orphan may have seemed hard to anyone else, but the way the people from Jackson took you in, especially Tommy and Maria, was truly heartwarming. It was an unspoken thing, but those two were basically your parents at this point. They couldn't conceive in a natural way, but they always treated you as their own. You had their undivided attention until two strangers arrived in Jackson a few years back; Joel and Ellie. At first you had been hesitant about even meeting either of them, since you didn't want to give Joel a wrong impression of you. Tommy had spent hours on end talking about his older brother, and the proud look in his eyes as he did so, was a look even you couldn't achieve. 

Ellie on the other hand, was a whole nother level of scary. There weren't a lot of kids your age in Jackon, and girls your age were even more rare to find. The second you first layed your eyes on Ellie, you could tell the two of you would either become the best of friends, or mortal enemies. There simply was no inbetween. As the years passed, the two of you grew closer and closer together, to the point where the rest of the town often made jokes about the two of you being glued together. Ellie always stood up for you in situations where you felt threatened, and she never failed to put a smile on your face.

For the past few months, a new feeling had arised when you were around her. You weren't fully sure what the feeling was, but you were sure it was the first time you had ever felt this way about anyone. You presumed it was just because the two of you were best friends, but that assumption didn't stop your thoughts from wandering whenever the two of you were hanging out, which was almost daily. The glances the two of you shared felt somewhat intimate, maybe even longing. You had pushed the odd feelings aside, not wanting to possibly ruin something that was already so good.