𝙴𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 - 𝙾𝚠𝚎𝚗

"𝐈 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐲 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞, 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐥, 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐤𝐲

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞"

The three of you had been on your way for at least five hours now, and the cold was really starting to get to you. Your thoughts couldn't seem to shut up as you tried to listen to Ellie's traumatic experience from back when she was only fourteen, which she was finally telling you about. Only she wasn't just telling it to you, she was also sharing the trauma with Dina. This made you feel unimportant in a way Ellie hadn't made you feel before. "This hunter was on top of him... drowning him. And... Joel couldn't get to his gun." The redhead explained, the expression on her face unreadable. "Jeez... Were you scared?" The dark-haired asked, causing you to frown. The insensitivity Dina had surrounding the very serious events made you angry at her, even though she was one of your best friends ever.

"Well, I didn't even think. I just... I just ran in there, grabbed his gun, and... shot the guy in the face." The tattooed girl let out a long sigh as her gaze seemed to travel everywhere but your face. It was almost like she was scared to look at you. "How old were you?" Dina asked, having trouble keeping up with Ellie and you. "Fourteen. How old were you when you first killed someone?" Ellie asked, this time looking at Dina. The way this was turning into a casual conversation made you uncomfortable. "Does this include infected?" You asked, chiming into the conversation to avoid being left out. "No. Fully conscious, non-fungal person." The auburn-haired girl answered you, her gaze swiftly landing on you before she looked back at the distance in front of her. 

This was a difficult question, because even though you barely remembered anything about your childhood, this was one of the things you could vividly picture in your head. "Ten." Dina interrupted your thinking process, gaining both Ellie and your attention within the matter of seconds. "What happened?" The redhead looked at the dark-haired girl expectantly. "Guy was coming at my mom. I stabbed him." She explained as if it was nothing. You didn't know much about Dina's past, let alone that she knew her mom when she was ten. That couldn't have been long before she came to Jackson, as you remember Dina and you playing around at the ripe ages of twelve and ten, you being the younger one. 

"And you?" Ellie asked, distracting you from your thoughts. "Eight." You let out a soft sigh, as this was the first time you were ever opening up about it. "Shit." Dina whispered under her breath, barely audible. The two girls remained in silence as they waited for you to tell them about it, something you were dreading to do. "One of my friends got bit while we were traveling, and he showed me the bite right after our parents went to sleep. He practically begged me to shoot him before he turned, so I stole my father's gun and did exactly what he asked me to do." Your gaze went everywhere except for the faces of the two girls you were with, as you didn't want them to judge you for what you did. "When I had to tell the rest of the group the next morning, they all got so angry at me that nobody except my parents spoke to me for over nine months." You gently stroked Jupiter as you told these last, vital parts of the story that changed your life forever.