𝙵𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝙴𝚙𝚒𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

"𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮"

It has been a year since Ellie visited you in the middle of the night, and your life hasn't been even remotely the same since. After you and the auburn-haired girl had a couple more 'serious' talks, simply going through everything that happened in those months, and fully taking in what both of you were feeling throughout that time. Ellie even found herself opening up about her grieving process a few days into the almost therapeutic conversations the two of you were having.

Even though you didn't plan on giving in, you knew that the love you had for the tattooed redhead would most likely never fade, and that there was no use in trying to push those feelings aside. It sure was difficult for a while. There was a lot to get used to, and there were so many things between the two of you that had changed over time. You both had to face the fact that  neither of you could turn back to the optimistic and cheerful souls you were before everything went down.

It took a while to grieve that part of Ellie, and even that part of you, as it had felt like you lost a piece of yourself that day at the hotel. Having to process that Owen was dead was also a big task on its own, and there were many nights you spent crying into someone's arms about it. Some nights these arms were Ellie's, but you occasionally found yourself with Tommy. After everything, he was still your father figure, at least your remaining father figure.

For the first time in years, you felt comfortable enough to talk about your biological parents. Step by step you found yourself remembering more of the time you spent with them all those years ago. This came with happy memories, but it also came with the exact way you lost the both of them. It was a rough period of time for you, but because of the people around you, you somehow found your way through it all.

It was hard forgiving the auburn-haired girl at first, and there were several heated arguments between the two of you, but because both of you knew what was on the line, you managed to make your way through it. Never once did Ellie raise her voice at you, and neither did you. There were now clear boundaries set up between the two of you, and it truly felt as if both of you had worked hard to get where you are now.

The dynamic in your friend group did change quite a bit, as the awkwardness of the breakup radiated through you all every time the four of you hung out. It was also unpleasant for both Dina and Jesse to watch Ellie and you cuddle while they sat in silence. This entire 'vibe' luckily faded within a few months, because as Dina's pregnant belly grew, the both of them seemed to realise how much love they still had for one another. It felt so ironic to watch two of your friends falling back in love with each other, but so beautiful.

When the baby arrived, it was no surprise to see Jesse getting so involved with it all. In fact, he insisted staying at her place after she gave birth, so that she wouldn't have to be the one to get up in the middle of the night when the baby cried. When this period of the kid's life ended, Jesse never moved out. When you first layed your eyes on the small baby boy, it was so weird to see a perfect combination of Dina and Jesse in every single movement he made.