𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎

"𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰"

It's the next day when you came back to check on Ellie, knocking on her front door as you patiently waited for her to open up. When she did, her gaze was still tired like yesterday, but something about her demeanor looked very different to you. "How you feeling today?" You tilted your head as you thoroughly examined your girlfriend. She shrugged, taking you by surprise. "I'm fine, just tired." The auburn-haired girl looked down in attempt to avoid eye contact. "I can see that." You softly joked, gaining little to no traction from her. 

A part of you knew all you could do is let her be, but you wanted to help. "Did Tommy come to see you yet?" You wondered out loud as you stepped into the cold room, quickly closing the door behind you. "About that..." Ellie started fidgeting with her hands as she tried to find a way to talk to you about this matter. "I'm leaving, tomorrow." She decidedly said, crossing her arms over her body. "You what?" A confused frown appeared on your face as your gaze remained fixated on the girl in front of you. "Tommy noticed a patch on one of the guys' jackets. It said Washington Liberation Front." The tattooed girl described, still avoiding eye contact. "It's all planned out, and he's going too." Ellie fidgeted with her fingers as she let out those last words, causing your entire mind to spin. "He what?" The frown on your face grew as you began forming a strong feeling of guilt for the both of them.

A part of you felt as if you could have done something to prevent everything that went down. "Why would you need to go after them?" You asked, fully oblivious to the obvious answer to the question.  "Revenge." The auburn-haired girl finally looked up at you as the tone of her voice grew to a bitter and cold one you barely recognised as hers. You felt tears well up in the corners of your eyes as you folded your arms over your torse. "You don't have to do that." Your voice sounded shaky as you shook your head, but even you knew that there was no use in talking your girlfriend out of this. 

"I have to do it for Joel." The redhead let out a long sigh as she said this, which you where quick to reciprocate. "I know." Your gaze traveled to the floor as your mind kept spinning. After multiple moments of silence, you finally spoke up again as you had made up your mind. "I'm coming with you." You decided, looking back up at the damaged girl in front of you. "You are?" She frowned at you, but a part of her seemed relieved to. A feeling of guilt overtook you as you looked into Ellie's eyes, the amount of grief and pain being visible. It looked as if her spark had disappeard, and you felt more than responsible for it. 

Instead of convincing Ellie to let you come with by telling her about who you saw back at the hotel, you just nodded at her. "I want you to stay here, but I know I can't talk you out of it. I'd rather be there with you than wait here, hoping and praying you're alive." For the first time, a look of guilt filled Ellie's gaze as the eye contact remained. "We're leaving tomorrow morning, as soon as possible. We're taking the horses, and I've already got a stash of supplies ready. We're meeting at the abandoned place around the corner." She explained to you, and all you could do was nod. A huge part of you wanted to ask her how she was feeling, which felt stupid to ask considering the circumstances, but you still needed to know she was thinking rationally enough to be making decisions like this.