𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎 - 𝙳𝚒𝚗𝚊

"𝐆𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐭

𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞, 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐭"

After a long and cold journey, the five of you had made your way back to Jackson, alive and well. The minute you arrived, you were met with Maria's warm embrace, and before you knew it, you were being smushed between both her and Tommy. You had never felt more relieved. It hadn't taken long before you felt your head hit your comforting pillow that you hadn't felt in months at that point. 

The realisation of his death didn't hit you until later that night, when the whole town was quiet. For years, a small part of you had been scared, terrified even, of all the possibilites. Feelings you had repressed for so long, were finally gone. At first, you believed that a part of Ellie did it for you, but after a while you remembered what the thought of revenge had done to her, and quickly shook this oddfully hopeful thought off.

There was absolutely nobody you wanted to face that first night, so when Maria knocked on your door after a few hours, you tried to send her back as politely as possible, but through the tiredness, you couldn't tell if you had done a decent job at this. 

For over a week, every single time you woke up, the pillow you were sleeping on was wet from all the tears you had cried throughout the night. Maria told you you had been having nightmares, and that she could sometimes hear you mumble all the way from the other room. A part of you was concerned, but you figured it was better than what it was before. You didn't mind the nightmares, as long as they didn't affect anyone's sleeping schedule.

As everyone seemed to ease back into the normal routines of Jackson, you felt yourself getting left behind. Sure, Tommy hadn't done much here yet since your return, but that was simply because Maria had forced him to stay home, and rest. You hadn't even heard from Ellie since you made it back, and you honestly didn't even feel like seeing her, let alone talking to her.

The time seemed to pass quickly, as it had been almost a week since the five of you returned to Jackson. After all those day, you had gotten a lot of time to think about everything, and consider all the different ways you could go on from this point. The only reason you had found to leave the house seemed to be Dina, and that was merely to check up on her and the baby.

As you knocked on her front door, you could feel the nerves entering your body. With little to no social interaction in the past week, your mind had seemed to forgotten how to form a normal conversation. While all the worst case scenarios ran through your head, the door opened, revealing not one, but two younger women.