𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 - 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈'𝐦 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐤𝐢𝐝

𝐔𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐭"

Poetry was your only emotional outlet, and it always had been. Ever since Maria suggested you write your feelings down, there hasn't been anything you would rather do. You could drift away for hours on end just jotting stuff down. Sometimes the poems were about the people around you, but other times the lines of text were purely fictional. You often had trouble distinguishing one from the other, but that somehow made it even better.

You had daily, scheduled writing sessions. It was a timeframe of the day in which people knew not to interrupt you, as it had become a part of a routine. So like most other nights, you were seated at your desk with your notebook and a pen. The inspiration wasn't hard to find for you at that moment, since so many unique experiences had followed in these past few days. Pages were filled in the hours you spent alone, and for once you felt as if nothing could possibly get any better.

This is until you heard a knock on your door, which caused you to flinch as you didn't normally get any visitors around this time of the day. You stood up and walked over to the door. When you opened it, you were surprised to see Ellie standing in front of you. Your Ellie. "Ellie." You felt a smile creeping up on your face as she wasted no time, pulling you in for a close embrace. She kissed your lips for what felt like seconds, but was probably way longer, before pressing a soft and gentle kiss on your forehead. The small gesture made your heart skip a few beats as her forehead was now against yours. "I missed you." She said, a big grin on her face. A chuckle left your mouth as you pulled her into your room, quickly shutting the door behind you.

"You know I don't normally take visitors during these hours." You teased, crossing your arms over your torso whilst trying not to smile. "Oh I am very much aware of that, ma'am." The redhead joked, causing you to let out yet another chuckle. "I was in the middle of a new poem." You rolled your eyes in a sarcastic manner, this time earning a snicker from her. "You're so cute when you talk about your poetry shit." Ellie smiled at you, and you could feel your cheeks starting to heat up once again. A part of you hated how much power her compliments still had over you, but you let it slide as you were too focused on the fact that she was actually here, right in front of you.

You tilted your head as you recalled what your last conversation was about. "You seem happier, did the two of you talk?" Once again, you tucked a small strand of hair behind her ear as you looked into her eyes with nothing but love. The thought of the l-word should terrify you, and definitely shouldn't be thought about this early on, but you had always loved Ellie in a way no one could ever come close to, together or not. "Yeah, I told him I'd try to forgive him." The tattooed redhead nodded, a sigh escaping her lips, the subject still being hard to discuss. "I'm proud of you." The smile on your face grew as you heard her confirm it, and you pressed another soft kiss on her lips.