𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗 - 𝙴𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚝𝚢

"𝐈𝐟 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐰

𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐈'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐰"

As the sun started to dawn on you, you decided it was time to get on your feet and do something. For the past week, you had woken up at unreasonably early times, simply because you have been unable to sleep ever since you returned to Jackson. The first few nights were okay, but that was solely because you were so tired it felt as if you were going to pass out if you didn't rest.

Neither Tommy or Maria knew about this, as you didn't want to be a distraction to the things that were already going on in their now busy lives. Everyone in Jackson had been on edge since Joel's death, and after the five of you returned from Seattle, it seemed as if the people were at a loss of words. Whenever you walked through town, you could hear them stopping their conversations, and you doubted that the things they were saying about Ellie and you were positive.

Strangely enough, the two of you managed to gain the most attention, especially after the entire Seth encounter, which seemed like ages ago to you now. Homophobic comments still managed to make their way to you, as the town gossip spread like fire. At first, you had been able to shake it off quite easily. Growing up queer was definitely an experience on its own, but nothing could have prepared you for the amount of pure hatred people had for you, just because of who you loved. It seemed so strange to you how some people refused to even be seen with you, let alone talk to you, when you came out a little over a year ago.

Your motivation had yet to come back since you returned to Jackson, and you dreaded doing anything even slightly productive. You hated being away from Ellie, even though the two of you weren't even on slightly good terms at the moment. Knowing that the future of your relationship was in her hands, scared you. The possibility of this being the end, hurt you more than you would ever care to admit, which is exactly why you didn't tell anyone about it. You had been avoiding both Maria and Tommy, not wanting to answer the questions they were obviously going to ask you the second they saw you.

Even though you never actually admitted you were going to see her, Maria most likely knew. She always knew. The last thing the poor woman needed right now was extra stress to add to her already stressful life. Bottling up your feelings had always been something you were good at, so what's one more situation to put aside?

As the early morning sun shone on your face through the main window in your bedroom, you could hear the sounds of both Tommy and Maria waking up. They would most likely eat breakfast with one another, which you always hated to interrupt. When they had first taken you in, you couldn't help but contantly feel like a burden to them. You felt as if you were a blockage in their relationship, stealing every minute the two of them had with one another in the first place.