𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 - 𝙸𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚝

"𝐈 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐨'𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞

𝐈 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐧"

A defeated sigh left your mouth, and you could feel Ellie's disapproving gaze on you. "I give up." Your gaze shifted to the floor as you felt your cheeks turn red. The two of you had been at it for over an hour now, but you still couldn't manage to remember a single chord, and you kept either pressing the strings too hard, or too soft. "You're such a baby, you have got to be patient with it, or it'll never work out." The tattooed redhead shook her head as she took her beloved guitar from your arms, getting ready to demonstrate for you. "It's all about the angle." She said as she pressed her fingers against the strings, a faintly familiar melody coming out of the instrument as she slowly started to play. 

You tried to keep your eyes focused on the guitar itself, but found them surveying Ellie's tattoo instead. Even before you found out about your attraction for her, you had always admired the large, black pattern on her right forearm. The attention however, returned to the music as Ellie began to sing along with the tune. 

𝘛𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐'𝘮 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺

The lyrics fell from her mouth, immediately grasping your attention. You couldn't help but study her lips as the soft notes came out of her. She was a suprisingly good singer, and you could feel your heart melt at the sight of her with her guitar alone already. The redhead's eyes remained closed as she was way too focused on the words, not even glancing at her guitar as the song was clearly memorised. You assumed it was one of the few songs Joel taught her, as he way very open and proud about the things he had taught his daughter.

𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺

𝘛𝘰𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶

The tears started to appear in the corners of your eyes, the feelings pouring out of Ellie in the form of a beautiful song. Nothing in you was ever even slightly prepared for this, and you didn't think you would ever fully get over this moment. You tried to soak everything in, not wanting any details to get lost in the process.