𝚃𝚠𝚘 - 𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚕𝚍𝚊

"𝐈 𝐬𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮

𝐈 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐨𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐨"

You and Ellie had not seen one another since the kiss. The kiss. You had to continuously remind yourself that it did in fact happen, and it wasn't just some weird fever dream. You couldn't help but wonder whether Ellie was just as occupied by these thoughts as you were, and you were dying to see her again. You weren't exactly sure as to when it would be appropriate to visit her, since the fallout she had with Joel seemed pretty intense. It made you question about what it could possibly be that could create such a new found barrier between the two of them, as they were always known for being super close with each other. 

The redhead had never been extremely open about her past, even to you. Some parts of her were still a big mystery, and you weren't sure whether you would ever be able to say you know everything about her. Seeing her so upset the night before made you want to run up to her and hold her close. It made you want to tell Ellie how stupid and reckless she was being, and how she should be grateful for him, instead of despising him. But then again, you had little to no clue as to what was going on between her and Joel, so you weren't really one to talk.

As your day continued, you kept feeling the need to knock on her front door, just to check in on how she was doing, but you knew she needed her space. Maria noticed your behaviour, and walked up to you while doing some laundry. "You alright, sweetie?" She said, and the use of the nickname made you remember even more as to how grateful you were for the woman now standing in front of you. "Yeah." You sighed, unsure if you were willing to open up to her yet or not. "You know you can tell me anything, right?" Maria tilted her head, her short, blonde hair touching her shoulder. "Just worried about Ellie." You held up your shoulders, and a small part of you remembered the fact that Maria was right there when it all went down, which means she must have witnessed the kiss.

Your sexuality hadn't been a particularly open part of your identity. You weren't so sure about it yourself, so coming out as anything just felt wrong. At one point in your early teens, you even got to the point of thinking love just wasn't for you. That changed the day you met Ellie, even though you weren't ready to accept that yet. Maria had talked to you about boys before, giving you the very awkward birds and bees talk when you were fourteen. It wasn't an ideal age, especially because you were already educated on most of the points she talked you through. You tried to act as surprised as possible at all the 'new' information coming your way, but Maria caught on quite early on in the conversation. To call it awkward was a big understatement, but you were glad the two of you could laugh about it now.