𝙴𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗 - 𝚂𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙

"𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐟 𝐈, 𝐈

𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬

𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐭"

The moment you woke up, there was something strange going on. You couldn't tell what, but something inside you was telling you to get on your feet and make sure the rest was okay. After spending over two minutes running around the building, you finally got a hold of life. Dina was asleep on the sofa she had spent the night on the day before as well, and as you entered the room you made sure not to wake her. You sat by her awkwardly, but she luckily woke up after just a matter of minutes. She was clearly quite dazy as she took in her surroundings, including you.

You made sure to wait a few seconds before talking to her, not wanting to worry or confuse her while half awake. When you thought it was appropriate, you spoke up. "Do you know where Jesse and Ellie are?" You asked softly, unaware of the fact that you named your girlfriend's name second. "They're out. Said they were going to an aquarium? They asked me to lock the door for them earlier, when they left." The dark-haired girl seemed confused about the information that came out of her mouth. You vaguely remembered something being said about an aquarium earlier, but your mind was elsewhere these days. You repressed the anger you felt inside about the fact that neither of them cared to warn you.

All your thoughts were focused on Tommy, and on how Maria must feel about her husband and kid being out there, with no way to knowing whether they're alive. It felt weird to think of yourself as their 'kid', but a huge part of it also felt oddly right. It just fit. "So I guess we'll be stuck here together for a while then?" You asked her, knowing there was absolutely no use in trying to chase after the two. "Yep." Dina's face was slightly more pale than usual as you really began to look at her. "Are you alright?" Your eyebrows slightly furrowed as you attempted to take a closer look at your friend. "I threw up once or twice last night, but I'm feeling alright now." She reassured you, but you could tell she was just trying to make you feel better.

As you got to on your feet, you quickly made your way to the place you spent the night. Your backpack was filled with supplies, but the only things you took were a bottle of water and a dry towel. You ran through the building at almost twice the speed you ran at when you first entered the building, already having explored most of the large structure. When you practically burst into the room where the black-haired girl was still laying in the exact same position she was in when you left. You quickly went to wet the towel, before softly pressing it down on her forehead. "Here you go. Maria used to do this whenever I had a fever as a little girl." You smiled at the memory as you could spot the pure relief in Dina's eyes.