𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎 - 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚝

"𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐈'𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞

𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐲𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞"

The three of you had been on the road since eight that morning, and you had began to grow tired after nearly two hours of what seemed like endless traveling. There was still some tension floating around when it came to Ellie and you. Neither one of you had said anything to the other all morning, and the uncomfortable silences were only filled because Dina spoke up. "Cars." She warned the both of you, causing you to look up from Jupiter's head, which you had spent the last two hours gently stroking. "Yeah, we're getting close. Start keeping an eye out." Ellie responded in the same monotone voice she had been using all morning. Keep an eye out for what?  You asked yourself as your mind slowly began to turn on. It was still very early for you, and your brain couldn't properly process everything that was going on.

"Got it." The dark-haired girl replied, nodding at the auburn-haired girl you so badly loved. The feeling in your heart was almost unbearable, and every fibre of your being could feel the pain of seeing Ellie like this radiating through your body. All of a sudden you notice the two other girls get off of their horses, and you feel yourself joining them within a matter of seconds. You enter this odd-looking building, only a few feet behind your girlfriend. All you wanted to do is give in by giving her a good, warm hug, but there were too many things holding you back. One being the presence of Dina, because you would hate to make her feel like more of an outsider than she already does. "Another superhero card." The auburn-haired girl let out something close to a chuckle as she proudly showed Dina and you the card she's holding. It's the first time in days she has been this happy, and that's saying quite a lot. 

She had not talked to you about anything that went down the day before, which was silently killing you inside. "Question: if you could have one superpower, what would it be?" The dark-haired girl attempted to strech out the 'happy' Ellie window by asking a question, and you made a mental note to thank her for this later. "Hmm. Probably... invisibility?" The tattooed girl decided after thinking about it for a few seconds. You let out a chuckle, which Dina was quick to reciprocate. "What's so funny?" Ellie frowned as her eyes met you for the first time all morning. "Just- it's- it's so you." You gave her a soft smile, which to your surprise, she responded with by giving you the closest thing to a smile, keeping you satisfied. You secretly craved moments like these non stop, and were glad to see the one you loved in a better mood, as she truly deserved nothing but the best.

————— ୨୧ —————

You kept quiet during the rest of the day, because the grief was finally starting to settle in. The realisation of the major loss you had both witnessed and experienced the other day, hit you like a bus. It wasn't until the three of you came across a large building until you finally found yourself willing to talk again.