~1~ One Hell Of A Day ~1~

For the first time in a while, I felt warm.

I opened my eyes. I felt like I just woke up from a long nap. Everything was a blur of red and fire.

Confused, I dragged myself up and stretched my limbs.

My body feels weird.

I tried to adjust to my surroundings- I don't know what the hell is this place or how the hell I got here.
Everything here seems... unreal, almost as if it came from from mankind's darkest imagination.

Well, nothing is more scary than a human mind.

We always invent our monsters, those that keep us up at night.

Sometimes, WE are the monsters.

I heard shouts and screams getting closer, so I quickly snuck into the nearest alleyway. The sorce of the screams were two... creatures? They seemed to be running away from something.

Almost immediately after they appeared in my line of sight, some form of a winged, angelic being flew at them and killed them.
I froze in shock. It flew upwards and disappeared in a flashing, bright light as the sound of a big clock striked.

Other creatures of a demonic nature hurried out. Scavengers. They left the gruesome corpses with nothing.

Feeling ill, I backed away, deeper into the alley, collapsing behind a big trash can.

How... Why... What...?

I held back my tears and went to cover my face with my hands, as I finally realised:

These are not my hands.

I whipped my head around, finding a puddle. I looked at what it reflected.

This isn't me, is it?

To my horror, the reflection matched my actions. It was... well, I looked like a creature of hell. There were red lines going down some parts of my body, resembling a heart monitor.

And then it all clicked.

I died.

And now I'm in hell.

I thought it was all stories and nonsense, but here I am.

My eyes teared up.

Why me?

How did I die?

What did I do to end up in here?
~~~~~~~~~~~

I focused on the hotel building in front of me.

I quickly scribbled a description of it in my notepad, which I pulled out of my big, heavy bag where I carry all my (few) belongings.

So it’s the Hazbin Hotel, not the Happy Hotel as it was in the interview of 666 new. ...Perhaps I misremembered it.

The building was tall, towering over most of the near area. It was made out of red, dark wood.
The sign was big and bright, almost resembling a sun if you stand deep enough in the city. Like... a beacon of hope in the darkness of hell.

Through my research, I discovered it was owned by the Royal family and was recently renovated into this hotel.

Still, even though it was relatively new, there were a few flaws here and there.
A cracked window, a collapsed pole...
Perhaps minor damage from the extermination last week.