~6~ Make Him Pay ~6~

"Say, Al, how about we broadcast a multi-part story about someone who accidentally sold their soul to a vicious demon?"

"Wh-? Y/n dear, what's gotten into you?"

"Oh shush, it could be great! You can play the demon, and..."

"Where do you get these ideas from?"
He chuckled.

"Well... maybe I got some inspiration from that banking scam I reported today..."
I admitted, laughing.

After another successful broadcast, Alastor and I were on our way to our favorite coffee shop. It was already a tradition.

I paused when I noticed a few posters.
"Hold on."
I pulled out my notepad.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm writing down their names and descriptions."

"I thought we've already talked about that, my dear..."

"I have to. The police struggles with all the missing people lately, so they passed a law that requires all News segments to report about them for public help."

"Huh. Didn't hear about that."
Alastor mumbled.

"Well, you are not the one in charge of the news segment."
I shrugged, copying the last details.
"I can’t imagine how hard it is for their families..."

"What a tragedy."
Alastor agreed when I looked in my bag to stash my things back in it. From the way he sounds, I think he finds it to be a hard topic and doesn't want to dwell on it too much, which I can understand.

I raised my eyes, seeing the electronics shop on the other side of the street.
"Woah! Would you look at that!"

"Hold on!"
He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards him.
DON'TBLUSHDON'TBLUSHDON'TBLUSH
"You can't just burst into the road like that, you could get seriously hurt!"

"Okayokay come onnnn!"
I dragged him after me as we safely crossed to the other side.

"They made the television screen bigger! That's so cool!"
I pointed at the electronics on display.

Broadcasting visuals is something that really intrigued me. The previous station I worked for was beginning to make steps towards using that technology, but sadly it never came to be.

"Hmm."
Alastor didn't seem impressed.
"Distracting an audience with visuals would make the sound less meaningful."

"Not necessarily! At least, after the hype dies down and this becomes the usual."
I reasoned.
"Besides, you'd look perfect on the screen, everyone will immediately fall in love with you because of your natural charm."

"You really think so?"
His eyes in the glass reflection found mine.

"I- uh-"
SHOULD'VE WORDED THAT DIFFERENTLY!

Alastor let out a chuckle.
"I think you desperately need that coffee, my dear."

I looked away in embarrassment.
"M-Maybe..."

"I'll stick to radio. All the magic is in my voice anyway."

Some pieces started clicking in my brain.