~18~ Battle of The Roof ~18~

Warm wind blew through the surface of the Hazbin Hotel roof.

There I was, standing hand in hand with Alastor, staring at the sky and bracing ourselves for the nearing fight.

My other hand tightly gripped my bat, while Al's other hand carelessly played with his microphone and half-spun it back and forth.

I would've felt at ease by his confidence, if not for Rosie's warning.
The moment it becomes dangerous, Al would order me to get in. But I'll be nearby, watching. Ready to help.
Guardian angel...?

A large, bright portal opened in the sky.
My eyes widened when I saw an uncountable amount of exorcists, with weapons drawn, all flying full speed here, to finish the hotel first.

"It's time,"
I whispered.

"Let the slaughter begin."
Alastor proceeded to laugh, forming a huge shield blocking more exorcists attempting to attack.

Our friends below dealt with the remaining exorcists in the area.

I was amazed.
The shield itself grew tentacles and attacked the exorcists outside.

Up there was Adam.
He looks just like Charlie described.

I can’t believe I descended from someone like HIM. I swear I can just SMELL his arrogance and shitty personality from down here.

He looks very frustrated.

Maybe... maybe the angels will give up?

Suddenly, he charged at the shield, causing a large crack in it.

I saw Al flinch as it shattered into a million pieces and disappeared.

"Al-"

"Leave, NOW!"
He stood in front of me.

Knowing there was no time for anything, I hurried to the stairs and bent down.

I watched as all the exorcists charge down bellow, but a certain first-human noticed the demon on the roof.

I tried to keep myself out of sight.

It was clear that Alastor looked irritated from his shield being broken down so fast. Still, he kept a calm and confident demeanour.

"Adam! First man, next to die."

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Alastor. Pleasure to be meeting you, quite a pleasure."
He said cynically and reached his hand out, before straightening up and slamming his microphone onto the roof.
"I'm about to END your FUCKING LIFE."

Woah.
I've never seen Alastor's true extent of power, it seems.

He summoned tentacle-like weapons, emerging from the floor underneath him.

Adam quipped and summoned a weaponized guitar, easily slashing through every single one of Al's attacks, but he quickly became overwhelmed by the amount of them.

Something doesn't sit right.
Al can't possibly cause damage to him at this rate.
...
HE DOESN'T EVEN USE AN ANGELIC WEAPON??

I took a hold of my bat with both my hands and contemplated on intervening.

Adam got close enough, but Al simply dodged the deadly slah.

I should. They are moving fast, but Adam's at a good range overall.
...but what if I make Al lose focus?
This can end terribly.
I should wait.

"You really think you can take me on?
A mortal soul is no match for me, edge-lord."
Adam was getting annoyed.

"You should know better than anyone what a soul can accomplish when they take charge of their own fate."

"Oh, you think you're tough shit, huh?"

"Tougher than you, Ha ha ha!"
Al taunted, calmly avoiding his strikes.

"You lack discipline, control, and worst..."
Alastor rose up to the commander's level.
"YOU'RE SLOPPY."

Tens of little creatures appeared from Alastor's shadow and charged at Adam, making it harder for him to fly or attack.

"And you're... fuck-fuck you...
you red piece of f-too much fucking red...fuck...shut up!"
Adam completely lost his cool and confidence.

"Poetry!"
Alastor grabbed him with a tentacle and slammed him into the sign on the hotel's roof, making dust scatter everywhere.

I couldn't help but quietly cough.
Al's eyes darted to my direction.

Adam came out of the ruins.
"I'm going to wipe that shit-eating grin off your face, CAUSE RADIO IS FUCKING DEAD!"

I wanted to jump up there, but the shock wave of Adam's swing through me down a few stairs. I bumped my head.

Am I imagining, or Alastor's speaking with his normal, non-filtered voice?

In both panic and determination to assist Al, I forced myself up and leaped upstairs to the roof.

I was too late.

Alastor let out a shout and was sent flying, almost off the rooftop. His torso was slashed, blood dripping all over.

In my shock, I lifted my bat.

Something beeped loudly in my head.
Almost like a heart monitor flat-lining

"What the fuck is this stupid-ass noise-"

"NOOOOO!"
I charged towards Adam with nothing but the want to save Al.

I swung the bat at his head, but Adam simply cut it in half before it reached him.

Crying in rage, I managed to slam my fist into him with all my might.

"Ouch, you little fuck."

Before I knew it, he threw me off the rooftop.

Tch.

How stupid I am.

To think a weakling sinner like me had even the slightest of chances against the first human...

Maybe Alastor wasn't doing any damage, but it's my fault he was caught off-guard. He nust've had a plan, which I most definitely ruined.

Is he gone?

No way he can survive this wound.

Just like there's no way I'd survive this fall.

It was nice knowing you, Alastor.

There was so much that I wanted to say.

But now I'll never get to.

Beeeeeeeeeeeep......