~12~ Hell's Greatest Disappointment ~12~

"Good-"
I started as Charlie ran past me.
"...morning..."

She seemed distressed, which was very unlike her. She ran from the lobby.

What did I just walk into...?

Everyone was standing in front of a complete mess of a pin board.
Al was nowhere to be seen.

Vaggie straightened up.
"Okay people, Lucifer is on his way."
WHO?!
"So we are going to get this place presentable and we are going to make an amazing impression. VAMANOS!"

Um- um-

Not knowing what to do, I walked over to Husk, who cleaned the bar area.

"Hey, uh... what's going on...?"

"I could ask you the same."
He muttered.

"Pardon?"

"I said- the princess of daddy issues invited the man himself here to get another meeting with heaven. Are you just going to stand there or what?"
He, rather rudely, waved a cleaning wipe in front of my face.

I didn't know what got his so much more grumpy than usual. I decided to not mind it and just help cleaning.

Niffty up in the ceiling scrubbed the light bulbs so aggressively, I was worried the whole chandelier would fall.

As a very unfortunate banner by Angel dust was hung, I saw Alastor upstairs, overlooking the scene.
I gave him a small wave. He nodded, but seemed distracted.

We all gathered together when a knock sounded at the front doors.

Charlie took a deep breath.
"Okay everyone, it's showtime!"

Behind the door appeared a father who was very excited to see his daughter.

The almighty Lucifer, ruler of mankind's most darkest minds,
...was a little different than I expected.
Just a little.
No pun intended.

"CHARLIE!!!"
Cheered the short king of hell. Looks like he is the origin of most of Charlie's traits, from the blond hair and hopeful face to the vibrant personality.

"Hey Da-"
Before she could say anything, he wrapped her in a tight hug.
That's sweet.

I couldn’t help but feel a little jealous.
My father was good to me when I was alive, but he never went to these extents to show his love. I kinda wish he did.

"Oh, it's so good to see you, haha!"

I noticed that Al went from being rather annoyed to fully despising the guy.
I wondered why.

"It's- uh- good to see you too, Dad."
She strained before she was let go.
"Welcome to the Hazbin Hotel!"

I straightened up, smiling shyly, trying to look presentable next to our very last-minute setup.

I was finally convinced that Lucifer didn't have an ounce of cruelty in his soul as he spoke to the animals in the hotel.

"Wow! This place sure looks, uh..."
He started looking around.
"yeah, uh-huh... It's got a lot of character!"

Has he never been here?
His family literally owns the property!

"OH, what in the unholy hell is THAT?!"
He was disgusted by the re-patched hole in the wall.

Alastor teleported nearby.
"Just some of the renovations we had done. Adds a bit of color, don't you think?"

It does, though!
...or maybe I'm just biased.