~8~ Got You. ~8~

"What a lovely day!"
My father said cheerfully as we strolled around in the forest.

"Must be because I have my lovely kid hunting with me!"

"I'm not a child, dad."
I rolled my eyes, but still smiled.

It's been years since I stayed more than a short visit, and even more years since I last went hunting with him.
Well- I never held the gun, but it was nice to spend time together.

Our hunting dogs hopped around us, they were happy to see me. I lovingly pet them as we ran around. I'm glad they remembered me after all this time.

Good thing that Al wanted to hurry with the broadcast, 'cause I arrived just in time for hunting.

There were mostly deers in these forests, so we were focused on finding something with brown fur and tall antlers.
No need to sneak around too quietly, as the dogs do most of the cornering.

"Oh, THERE!"
Father pointed, seeing something dark beyond the bushes.

We quickly got there, ready to chase the animal, only to behold a terrible scene.

I don't think I can ever forget all this blood.

All these mutilated bodies.

I recognised all their faces- those who had a distinguishable face, that is.

I won't forget how sick I felt, and how it became a million times worse when we saw WHO was climbing out of a hole he digged.

Covered in blood and dirt.

"A-Al...?"

The dogs launched forwards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tears filled my eyes.

What was I thinking?

I knew this was dangerous.

It feels like I'm here for years. In the cold, golden cage I was stuffed into.

There was a Vox-tec camera pointed at me and an occasionally coughing demon guarding me.

I stared blankly into space, playing memories over and over in my head.
There's always something missing.
That final part.

I hate this memory. I guess this is how I punish myself.

Maybe something good will come of it, if I remember my death.
Was it the dogs?

Maybe then I'll be able to figure out why I arrived decades late.
...as if it matters.
They are probably going to get rid of me after they get what they want.

"Y/n!"

I glanced up to see Angel dust hurry in, wearing a pink robe.
I couldn’t make myself open my mouth to say anything.

"I- I'm so sorry this happened to you..."

"Now now, angel cakes. Don't ruin your makeup. We have another round of filming to do."
Valentino stood behind him and pet his head.

"...But you should be sorry for NOT TELLING ME ABOUT THE RADIO DEMON'S PRIZED PET!"
He snapped at him.

"I-I didn't know about their connection-"
Angel quickly lied, but the overlord shut his mouth and shouted at me.