~19~ You... ~19~

Beeeeeeeeeep...

I gasped, pulling myself out of gravel.

I was knocked out for quite a while.

Ruins of the hotel surrounded me.
It's all gone.

I looked up at the sky. The portal was not there. The extermination is over.

I felt tears in my eyes, but I managed to hold them in for now.

I was in so much pain, but it didn't matter, as I was distracted by one single thing.

A drop of blood a bit further from where I was, almost unseen.

Alastor.

I started limping around the ruins, turning around the corner and finding a trail of drops.

I felt warm blood dropping on my skin, the bruises on my body touched my clothes, which sent agonising pain through me with every movement.
But it doesn't matter.

Nothing mattered more than me finding him. If I survived, he might’ve, too.

I heard a faint beeping in my ears again.

I focused so much on my mission to find Alastor, I think I started forgetting my own pain.

He must be in a terrible state.

My hunt lead me to the down radio studio. It lied on the ground, broken walls and shattered windows, but the overall shape stayed surprisingly stable.

As I climbed inside, I remembered how it used to look.
How it had a place reserved for me.
How, if I gave in earlier, I could've returned to my old passion with my favorite person.

The first thing I noticed was the counter. It had something on it.
I took another step. The floor creaked.
I recognised it as Alastor's microphone.

My eyes looked down.

In the dark red lighting, amongst piles of broken, undistinguishable objects, I saw something lying on the dirty floor.

"O-Oh Lord."

To my horror, I recognised it as a body.

"Oh no..."

It wasn't moving.

"N-No..."

I collapsed to my knees and took it closer with my arms.

"Nonononono, Al..."

He was cold. Eyes closed.
Hair dishevelled. Hands bloody.

"Alastor...?"

It was impossible to tell whether he survived, but there was no doubt- he wasn't breathing.

I let out a small weep.

I finally looked at the wound sliced through his chest.
It's been some time, so the blood flow slowed and some stained areas on his coat dried.

I pressed my hand up there, as a silly, desperate attempt to save someone who was already gone.

The tears I struggled to hold back broke out, my damned soul was in pure agony.

"He's gone,"

The beeping in my head got so loud I couldn't hear my thoughts inside my head.

"Y-You are gone..."
I hugged the body closer to me.

"It’s all m-my fault!"
I completely broke down.

"I-I'm sorry, I... I should've... I should've..."

My breathing was unsteady.

"I should've never been by the roof, and you'd be okay! I should've never gotten close to you, and you'd be okay!
I should've never stayed at the hotel, and you'd be okay! I should've never gone hunting with my dad, and you'd be okay! I should've never broadcasted with you, and you'd be okay!"
I mumbled quickly and irrationally.