~20~ Unfinished Business ~20~

"Good evening. I'm Katie Killjoy!"

"And I'm-"

"Nobody gives a shit who you are, Tom."

I was too busy cleaning around, so I couldn't exactly raise my head to watch the recording of the news broadcast Lucifer brought.

I felt a bit awkward that we weren't here to help rebuild, so I insisted to clean.

"Breaking news - Extermination day is cancelled! Charlie Morningstar managed to fend off the angelic attack with more than just nice words.

Niffty rested after exhausting herself, but was excited to see herself on the screen.

"In an unseen turn of events, our demonic head honcho Lucifer stepped in to save his daughter's ass in the last moment."

At that moment, Lucifer arrived with a giant plate of pancakes. Everyone got one,  Niffty got the rest. I politely refused, wanting to at least finish cleaning the new lobby before I eat.

"We're also hearing reports that Adam, leader of the angelic legions, first man and totally fuckable bad boy,"

"BOOOOOOOO!!"

"...has been slain by a filthy janitor."

We all cheered.

"The janitor said, quote, "Charlie told me to stab, so I did". Anyway, congrats to Charlie and her crew for not being totally fucking useless for once."

Alastor approached me with a plate.
"Eat for once, my dearest."

He didn't take the time to restore his microphone, but looks like he didn't need it for his static voice.
It's a thing of concentration, I suppose.

"I'm almost done, hold on."

I went to the final corner to sweep.

Al cleared his throat to grab my attention, so I looked at him. He had a piece of pancake on a fork directed at me.

I sighed, taking it into my mouth before returning to work.
"Here. Happy?"

"I'm always happy."
He smirked.

"You should tell Lucifer that he is a great cook. It's really good."

"Tch."

"Oh come on, Al. He's going to be around so you better treat him well. And he makes good food."

"You haven't tasted my jambalaya yet."

"It’s a shame and you better change that fact, but for now- as I said, don't get on his nerves, okay?"
I kissed him on the cheek.

"I'll do my best."
He answered vaguely. I rolled my eyes, smiling.
It'll take a while.

"Come on, another bite."
He offered the fork again.

"Damn it Al, I'm almost done. Where’s the trash can?"

He pointed at Lucifer.

"NO."

He pointed at the can.

"Thank you~!"
I slightly sang, gathering the pile of dust and sand with the correct tools and disposing it in the bin.

It's undeniable that Alastor hates Lucifer out of pettiness- but it's kinda okay, since it's mutual. Charlie and I will definitely have to put some effort to fix that.

But Husk? He looked genuinely happy for once until he saw that Al was back.
I think he was convinced he was free of his contract, only to have his hope shatter into a million pieces.