~16~ All Together Now! ~16~

I don't know how people can speak in front of a live crowd. I mean- I managed to record or broadcast to the masses, but only because I didn't SEE them.

I glanced at Charlie as we made our way to Cannibal Town's main square. She's going to have to convince these people to follow her. She seemed nervous.

"Cannibals and Cannibettes, assemble in the square."
Rosie called out to her people.
"Settle in! Settle in! Important meeting."

The crowd was HUGE. Even though I wasn't the one speaking, I couldn’t help but feel uncomfortable.

"Let’s go aside, dearest. Not to grab the attention our princess needs."
Alastor put his hands on my shoulders and walked us back.

"But how do I--"

"With sparkle! Razzamatazz! and that oh so appealing moxie of yours."
Rosie reassured Charlie.

"Shouldn't be a problem. It's not like you've ever failed to inspire before."
Al agreed.

"You can do this! We are right behind you."
I nodded.

"Now, fair warning. This group sticks together. So in order to convince any of them, you'll need to convince all of them. And there's one in particular--"

"Uuuugh, Susan."
Al rolled his eyes.

"Susan?"
I was confused.

"Susan."
He repeated.

"Susan, who's a bit of an... uh..."
Rosie hesitated.

"...Ornery old bitch?"

Oh wow. He doesn't cuss much. I respect my elders, but she must be a NIGHTMARE.

"...THAT. She's tough, but win her over and the rest will be easy as pie."
She concluded.
"Ready?"

I'm sure Charlie can do this.
She is a leader with a good heart.
She makes meaningful speeches in seconds.
Of course she'll win over anyone in a matter of-

"BOOOOO! Bring Rosie back!"
An elderly voice yelled.

"Susan?"
Charlie asked.

"Susan."
Al and Rosie answered, looking annoyed.

Still, even with the yells, Charlie attempted to talk. Nervousness took over her and she really struggled- she could barely get a word out!

...it wouldn't look good if I went there and hushed that salty lady myself, would it?

"BOOOOO! Get off the stage, you blue blood bitch! BOOO! We don't give a shit about some hotel! Leave before I eat those big ass eyes of yours. BOO! Get off! Where's the showmanship? Where's all the finesse? Fucking mediocre!!"

Charlie snapped.

"FUCK YOU YOU OLD BITCH!!!"

The crowd gasped.
S-Seriously?
Now. Now you are reacting.
Not when your god damn princess was disrespected.

Rosie excused Charlie and they walked away to cool her off. Al and I climbed down and went behind the stage.

"That could've gone better..."
I sighed.

"How about you try?"
Al grinned.

"With that old craze in the crowd? NO."

"It is unfortunate that our first outing turned out like that. I imagine all this crowd makes you tired."