~24~ Unexpected ~24~

The end.

Hahaha Y/n dead twiceee

Leaving Alastor heartbroken in the middle of his improvement arc 😎

And in an emotional, sappy moment?

Me loves an open ending...

...no, actually

SIKEEEEEEEEEEEEE

.
.
.

"Ah, another one~!"
A sing-songy voice rang out, excited.

I struggled to open my eyes against some very bright light.
I am not used to this brightness.

"C-Charlie...?"
I guessed.
Who else can be such a ray of sunshine?

"Emily!"

What.

I forced my eyes open.

"You know Charlie? Then you are from the hotel in hell, right?"

"Correct,"
I said hesitantly, still getting used to my surroundings. Emily looked like an angelic version of Charlie-
...oh.

I'm in heaven.
Wait.
HOW??
Shouldn't I be gone forever??

"You see, Sarah? Now there's no doubt that rehabilitation is possible!
Sir pentious wasn't a one-off thing!"
She spoke to another, older one behind her.

"Sir pentious is here?"
I perked up.

"Oooooh I am so excited!!! Come on, I'll show you around!"
She dragged me by the hand.

After being so long in hell, all this brightness was quite overwhelming.

We passed by a mirror.
"Hold on,"
I requested, taking a closer look.
All the reds I wore were replaced with blues. The coma markings appeared golden and silvery, and a halo flew above my head.

"You are beautiful, I assure you! Come onnn!!"
Emily continued.
"Tell. Me. EVERYTHING.
Oh, actually, if you have any questions, you should ask them, I suppose."

"Do you know how rehabilitation works?"

"Um... no, but we are going to figure it out! Maybe something connected to your sin?"

"So only a dead demon who reformed their sin spawns here?"

"You had to die to get here?"
She was saddned.
"Well, that's isn't fair. What if a demon thinks they righted their wrong? They can't really know, and if they have to die to respawn, they'll be gone for nothing!"

She spoke so quickly, I had trouble following.

"What was YOUR sin? How did you reform yourself?"

"I am not sure, I believe I was good for most of my life. I just happened to unknowingly help the wrong person."

"Helping? Wrong? How?"
She didn't know how helping can be bad.

"He was a serial killer,"
Emily expression fell.

"I didn't know that, and might’ve unknowingly covered his crimes... and then I was in a coma for a couple decades, then woke up in hell."

"Hmm... so maybe you righted your wrong by helping the right people...?"
She theorised.

"Um, yeah, I DID conduct a plan to save a demon named Angel Dust out of a very unfortunate afterlife,"

"Oh, I know him! He was Charlie's case! I am so happy you improved his situation."

"But... I also kinda fell in love and dated... you know, the same serial killer..."
Emily's face fell again.

"I-I know it sounds bad on paper,"
I quickly defended.
"But he got better. He tried at least, for me. Charlie told me that forgiveness is a redeeming quality, I did that a lot, too."

"Hmm... so you believed in a redeeming quality, righted your wrong by helping the right person AND changed a rotten soul? Ugh, that's ALL the theories!"
Emily was frustrated.
Looks like she was trying to break the code for a long while.

"Y/n!"
I heard a familiar voice calling for me.

"I can’t believe I forgot to ask your name!"
Emily laughed as angelic sir pentious wrapped his arms around me.

"I am so glad to know you are well!"
We told each other at the same time.

"Welcome to heaven! Where everyone is well!"
Emily cheered.

~~~

After a whole day of showing around and catching up, I lied on a hotel bed to rest.
Still can't sleep.
And not the Hazbin Hotel.

Finally, I am where I'm supposed to be.
...or am I?

Don't get me wrong- heaven is nice.
But something about it seems dull compared to hell. No occasional screaming or turf-war explosions...

It's clean, every street looks the same, everyone has basically the same nice and friendly personality.

Everything's... well, TOO perfect.

There's also something unsettling.
Everyone's living in fear, scared of breaking an unwritten rule and fall just like Lucifer.

Well, I can’t blame them. Seeing him and Vaggie- falling DOES seem quite the traumatising experience.

I wonder how it is in hell right now.
Charlie must be thrilled- oh.
...they don't know I'm here.
They must be thinking that I am gone.

I am causing them a lot of pain...

The guilt started piling on.
I felt sadder the more I thought of the consequences.

And Alastor... he is the one who had to tell the news. If he manages to handle going back and telling that.

I stated worrying. In my last moments, Alastor said that he doesn't know how to continue without me.

I... I hope he doesn't do anything drastic to himself. I don’t know if he is worth redeeming yet in the eyes of... whoever decides.

I hope he accepts that I wouldn't want that, and finds a way to move on.

He begged me not to go, he promised to be better... and yet, he is left without me.
If I survived... we could've returned to be together. Maybe we could both be redeemed, together.

Afterlife in hell is so much better now, after the fall of the vees.
Maybe the hotel has more guests now.

If I were still there, that Al and I could be together without having to hide from VoxCams. We could go around freely, hand in hand, to all kinds of dates and hangouts.

I wish I was more bold and romantic.
I wish I offered most of our dates, I wish we kissed more, I wish we cuddled- we barely did.

We haven't done anything cute and fun since our fight. That's unfortunate.

I wish he was up here with me.
Or I was down there with him.

I-
I just want to be with him.

I hate it here.

It doesn't feel like home without him.