The World The Girl Saw - The Struggle For Trost: Part 2

~Elias POV~

On the rooftop, Armin and I are still trying to cope with Eren being gone, but Conny wasn't any better. He was asking Armin questions the most.

I did try to tell Conny to knock it off, but he didn't listen.

Conny: Hey! Hey! What's wrong, Armin?! Pull yourself together! Hey! Armin! Hey, Armin! Hey! You with me?! You okay?! Are you alright? Where's Eren and Samuel? Oh, man. Pull yourselves together. Why are you all by yourselves? Armin, you're all wet and slimy. What the hell happened?

Armin: You're so useless! Why don't you just die!

Elias: Whoa! Calm down, Armin!

Conny: Damn it! Where is everyone?!

Ymir: Give it a rest, Conny. A loser of his squad had been wiped out.

Conny: Shut up! Armin hasn't said anything!

Ymir: Just look around. It's obvious. We don't got any more time to waste on them.

Conny: Why are they the only ones okay?!

Ymir: Beats me. Maybe they thought he was a corpse? It sucks that they ran into multiple Titans and that only these underachievers made it out alive. Eren and the others worked hard for nothing.

Conny: You bitch! Want me to make it so you never talk again?!

I raised my hand before yelling...

Elias: HEY, WHEN MY HAND GOES UP YOUR MOUTHS GO SHUT!

Then, they all went quiet as I had to turn my attention to Ymir who decided to shit on everyone's sacrifice, especially when I saved a bunch of lives in the form of Mina, Milieus, and Nack.

Elias: And you, Ymir, you better work on that attitude, because I promise, if I hear one more insult out of you, I'll throw you off this roof and feed you to the titans! Understand me?

Ymir: Yeah yeah. Hold your horses.

Elias: Yeah, she is clowning around more than usual. Anyways, we can't stay here. Can you stand, Armin?! I'll rendezvous with the rearguard. Hey Armin!

Armin: Let's go, Elias! We've been ordered to advance!

Armin and decided to try our luck and fly towards the supply depot.

From what I know, this has been hell from the very start. The strong prey on the weak. It's such a simple, straightforward world. It's just, our friends. They tried to be strong in this world. They helped us, someone who was weak. I couldn't bear it. They saw everyone like us as someone who needed to be protected. We wanted to live in this world like them. We wanted to be strong and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with them and this is the result. Because of us, Eren wound up dead.

Then, in the corner of my eye, we see someone giving CPR to a corpse. Armin and I decided to fly over and see what we could do to help.

Elias: Hanna! What are you doing?

Hanna: Armin! Elias! Help! Franz isn't breathing! I've tried resuscitating him over and over and over but it's not working!

Armin: It's dangerous down here, Hanna. You need to get on a roof.

Hanna: I can't just leave Franz like this!

Armin: You don't understand, Hanna.

Elias: Franz is-. Please stop this.