Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 1

~Elias POV~

Soon after hanging with Mikasa, my new girlfriend, we had to get back to Sina for Eren's trial, and we were.

Having her with me is the best thing that's ever happened to me and I can't imagine what it'll be like to be without her.

When we finally arrived, Levi stood in our way with his smug look and stoic expression.

We got off the horse and I had to let her know that she can wait for me.

Elias: Mikasa, you go on ahead, I'll see you in a bit.

Mikasa: Okay. I love you.

Elias: Love you too.

We kissed as she walked away so it was just me and Levi.

I gave him a cocky smirk and decided to break his balls a little bit since my dad worked alongside him.

Elias: How you doin', Little Man?

"Little Man", one of my dad's nicknames for Levi while he was alive. It drove him crazy to where he would regularly beat the crap out of him, getting my dad to laugh in secret.

You see, Levi was someone who's not to be messed with, especially with his short stature. Everyone had mistaken him for a teenager throughout his life and he would beat them until they apologized.

My advice is that if you get along with him, he'll get along with you, and I wish I was kidding, if you mess with him, he will kill you. He will not really kill you, but he will fuck you up because that's how intimidating this guy is.

Levi: You mean "Captain", Cadet Heinrich.

Elias: Come on, Levi. You know me. My dad worked with you.

Levi: That's true, but there's a problem.

Elias: What's that?

He pulled me that close to his face and I knew I screwed up!

Levi: He left his cockiness with his son, but since he and I were best friends before he died, I don't feel like beating you down like a dog. Even if I did, you probably would've like it.

He then let go of me and pushed me away.

Elias: That's true, considering how much of a pain in the ass he was.

Levi: And now you're carrying on his legacy. Let's see how long that lasts, but for now, there are some people who wanna see you.

Elias: Hange, isn't it?

Levi: Lucky guess.

We walked over to where Hange and the others were, but when she saw me, she was so ecstatic!

Hange: Oh my God! Elias!

She came running up and she hugged me as I hugged her back. It felt great to see her again as it felt like she wanted to cry because of how long it's been, which is nine years, almost a decade if you will.