Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 3

(A/N: This is a long one! Get ready for a snack and some soda!)

~Elias POV~

After the incident with the Titan test subjects getting killed, we had our ODM gear inspected.

Everyone's in Levi Squad, including mine, checked out, but we still had to keep an eye out for the suspect.

It was Happy Hour for the enemy, you can tell.

Like I said before, whoever they are, they had something all planned out from the beginning and it's working in their favor. They're trying to keep us from finding information on the Titans and trying to keep us in the dark, no pun intended.

The crazy part is, no one knows who or what the real enemy is, because we never found any information about them yet.

Anyway, even though the investigation is still underway, although a few days after, mom and I managed to find ways to get that trust restored.

I mean, she's abandoned me to the Jaegers after she gave birth to me. Who in their right mind would do that to their son, besides my own mom?

The day I "reunited" with her, she was still crying and apologizing profusely about giving me up and wanting to make amends.

Listen, I'm all for forgiveness if the person really means it, but for my mom, I have to know if it's for real because if it isn't, I'm gonna ask Levi for a dishonorable discharge on her. I don't wanna see her face again, I don't wanna rebuild the trust, and most of all, I don't want her to know about my relationship with Mikasa because if we ever get to the point of wanting kids, I sure as hell won't be putting them up for adoption like my mom did.

And you know what? I do hope she's for real on wanting forgiveness or I'll be asking for a transfer to the another Regiment pretty damn soon.

Sorry for the tangent, I just went off topic.

Anyway, we were just done doing the weeds and I was given a much needed break.

While I was looking through some things in my room, I saw something in the corner of a trunk. It had to be journal.

I then pulled it out and it read on the front...