I Hear His Heartbeat - The Struggle For Trost: Part 4

~Elias POV~

Armin: Alright, it's functional now. And I restocked your blades. Just leave me this one, okay? It's just that I'd have this be my end, not being eaten alive.

Then, you couldn't believe it, Mikasa took the blade out of Armin's hand and threw it off the roof.

Armin: Why?! Why'd you?!

Mikasa grabbed Armin's hand and said this...

Mikasa: Armin. We will not leave you behind.

Armin: But- I mean- titans are everywhere! You can't jump and carry me on your back at -

Elias: Armin, shut up and get on Conny's back. We gotta go.

I know that was harsh, but this is a situation where shit's real and there's no time to bitch and moan. Mikasa, Conny, and I started running to get to the HQ, but Armin stopped us before we could go!

Armin: No! Hold on! I have an idea.

Elias: What is it then?

Armin: Only you three are capable of pulling this off, so it's really your choice. This may sound crazy, but I think he might be useful.

We all looked at the Titan that's killing other Titans and I didn't know that, Armin was right!

Conny: Whoa! You mean that Titan?

Elias: Armin's right. He only attacks his own kind. He seems to have no interest in us. What if we can somehow lure him to HQ and let him loose on the other titans? Look, we all know he's taken one out at least already. We can use him as a weapon.

Conny: You have got to be kidding! How the hell you think we're supposed to steer that thing!"

Mikasa had to butt in and say...

Mikasa: Well, it seems like a shot.

Conny: Huh?!

Elias: And something tells me he's fighting on instinct alone.

Armin seemed to be agreeing to what Mikasa and I are saying, but he said this...

Armin: Agreed, and I'm almost sure if you take down the pair he's tangling now, he'll go look for others. That'd lead him straight to HQ. We're not steering much as luring him. I think it'll work. I really do.

Conny: THINK?! You're asking us to risk our necks on a stupid gut feeling?

I had to tell Conny...

Elias: If Armin's correct about this, we can put down the siege on headquarters on one fell swoop!

Mikasa: It's worth a shot.

Conny: HUH?! Seriously?!

Elias: Better take a gamble on Armin's gut feeling than wait around to be slaughtered.

I grabbed Conny's shoulder and brought him to my face.

Elias: If there's a decent shot, why not just take it?

Conny: So, we're basically going to recruit a Titan?

Armin: Yes. Exactly.

Conny smirked before saying,

Conny: We'll look like morons if we screw this up.

Armin: Yeah. But if we don't, look how many lives we stand to save.