3.- A Little Cold

The next morning 3 woke up with a start, as if he had had a nightmare, but he didn't remember what it was about. He rubbed his hand over his face, after waking up better he took his phone and looked at the time.

His eyes opened so much that it seemed like he had seen a ghost, it was 12:48, which meant he had overslept for 5 hours. Which at the same time meant that the cafeteria should have opened 4 hours earlier.

He quickly tried to get up, but his whole body began to hurt a lot, but he didn't care that much, until he realized that he had a wet cloth tied to his forehead. He had barely realized it when a very familiar voice spoke to him. .

- How do you feel? -.

- Okay... But who are you?... - the red-eyed man said somewhat dizzily - What are you doing in my super secret lair?... -.

- I'm glad he's better and don't tell me you still don't recognize me, I told you a while ago -.

That voice, a somewhat soft and at the same time serious voice. It reminded him of the voice that spoke to him in his dream, which he still couldn't remember what it was, SMG3 still hurt everything, but he had to get up, at least to go see if SMG4 had already put something in the Garland of Gifts. ..
Wait a second...

- SMG4?... Is that you?... -.

- That's right, I'm glad if you remember - said 4 whispering - Sorry if I entered your lair without permission, but I was worried that something bad had happened to you -.

- How did you go inside?... -.

- Well... It's a long story, but in short - said 4, sitting next to where 3 was - In the morning it seemed strange to me that Mario was nowhere to be found, so I started looking for him and found him trying to Entering your cafeteria, I asked him why he did that and he told me that you lied to him and that Luigi didn't have spaghetti, so he believed that you were hiding it. It seemed strange to me that it was 11:50 and you weren't open yet, so I decided to go in and look for you. When I found you, you had a slight fever, so I didn't wake you up, so you could rest.

- Thanks... Scrub... - he said - But what happened to the cafeteria? -.

- I was taking care of her for a long time - he said scratching his head - Right now I'm resting a little and then continue -.

SMG3, he was surprised, no one had ever cared about him when he was sick. He simply patted SMG4 on the shoulder and SMG4 responded with a small smile.

After that 3 went back to sleep for a while longer, when he woke up again it was 5:20, so the cafe was supposed to close in 40 minutes and since he was feeling better he decided to go help the blue-eyed guy before closing. It helps that at the same time he would thank him for everything he had done for him that day.

When he came up he noticed that everything was already clean, 4 was sitting behind the cash register, watching memes on his laptop. When he saw that SMG3 was standing, he smiled and put his laptop in a backpack that was near his cap.

- You are better? -.

- Yes - he said - My great immune system was not going to be defeated by a silly flu -.

4 started laughing, which in turn made the red eye smile.

- By the way... -.

- What's happening 3? -.

- Thank you - said SMG3 looking into SMG4's blue eyes - Thank you for taking care of me and helping me with the cafeteria, you had never bothered to do that to me before -.

- You're welcome, besides, that's what friends do -.

They were talking for 9 minutes, until suddenly, a very loud noise was heard, as if someone was running at a high speed. Before they could react, the door opened with great speed.

- THIS IS WHAT I WANTED TO GRAB YOU, YOU DAMN SON OF A BITCH!! - Mario shouted.

- MARIO, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!! - SMG3 said very upset.

- NOW, TELL ME WHERE THE SPAGHETTI!! -.

- ALL THIS, JUST FOR ONE DAMN SPAGHETTI?!! -.

- SILENCE SMG3, I KNOW YOU'RE HIDING IT SOMEWHERE IN YOUR CAFETERIA!! -.

- FOR THE LAST TIME, I DON'T SELL SPAGHETTI HERE!!! -.

SMG3 and Mario continued fighting, meanwhile SMG4 began to feel as if something was slipping through his head. At first he thought it was water from one of the bottles that had fallen on him when Mario had slammed the door. But as soon as he touched his head he realized that it wasn't water...
It was blood...
The impact of the bottle had been so strong that it had broken his head...

- SMG3... -.

- Not now 4 - he said - Never once is this fat Italian still... -.

He didn't have time to finish the sentence, because when he turned to look at the blue-eyed man, he noticed that his forehead was stained with blood...

SMG3 was paralyzed, he began to feel again the same sensation he had had days before, that sensation that made him feel as if he were sinking...

Thank goodness this time went by faster than the last, so the first thing he did was take SMG4 by the hand and take him to his super secret guard, once there he took a first aid kit that he had only for emergencies and opened it.

- Ok, then I have some gauze, a bandage and a small bottle with a little alcohol - said the red-eyed man, looking at the first aid kit.

3 began to heal SMG4's wound carefully, trying to prevent it from hurting any more than it already did.

- Ouch... That burns... - said 4.

- It's the alcohol, it helps prevent the wound from getting infected, that's why it burns -.

- I'm sorry, I didn't want to worry you about my stupidity... -.

- It wasn't your fault - said 3 - It was Mario who opened the door and caused the bottles to fall, so technically it was his fault -.

About 3 minutes passed and SMG3 finished dressing SMG4's wound. Since it was closing time, the red-eyed man was going to go up to finish cleaning up the mess that he and Mario had caused.

- By the way... - said the blue-eyed boy, yawning - What happened to Mario? -.

- I gave him a yellow dynamite and he thought it was spaghetti, so he said he was going to keep it in the castle, to protect it -.

They both went up to the cafeteria and it didn't take them long to finish. As soon as they finished, SMG4 took his backpack and said goodbye to the red-eyed man.

- Thank you 3 - he said giving him a hug.

- You're welcome, Scrub -.

He then left. SMG3 went to his room and put the things from the medicine cabinet in their place and went to bed, along with Eggdog and for the first time in a long time, he didn't dream nightmares...
_________________________________________________

❄️ 12 Days Until Christmas ~ ❄️