7.- The Beginning of a Search

Mario woke up to the sound of the doorbell, at first he thought it was just an illusion. But when he looked out he saw that it was actually SMG3.

- SMG3? BUT WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE AT THIS DAMN TIME?!! - he said very angry.

- I know it's a little early, but the sooner we arrive, the faster we will finish - said the red-eyed man.

Mario kept looking at him with a face that clearly expressed his displeasure at him for waking him up so early, so he decided to use his secret weapon to make Mario pay attention.

- And... Maybe we can eat something in the kitchen before we leave -.

- ¡¿SPAGHETTI?! -.

- Yes, yes, whatever you want, but we have to hurry -.

In less than a minute they had already left Mario's house and were walking towards SMG4's castle. They entered and went directly to the kitchen, 3 grabbed a soda from the fridge, while Mario started eating a whole pot of spaghetti.

- Okay Mario, we have 15 minutes to get out of here and go to the Shopping Center - said 3

- Okie Dokie -.

After they finished their snack, they both went to the Mall. Mario complained very often, something that was beginning to tire the red-eyed man, since not even 15 minutes had passed and he couldn't stand it anymore.

- SMG3, Mario is bored -.

- Can you shut up... FOR ONE DAMN SECOND?! -.

Mario remains silent for a few seconds
and then he started whining.

- ¡¡¡WAAAAAA!!! -.

- And now what the f*ck happened?! -.

- SMG3, he's being mean to Mario!!! - he said, rolling on the floor - WAAAAAAA!! -.

- There is God... - said 3, passing his hand over his face.

He really didn't have time to deal with Mario and his tantrums, but he had promised him something, so he had to help him.

- Mario, if you don't shut your mouth now, you're going to regret it for the rest of your existence! -.

With that he managed to keep him quiet for a long time, until they arrived at the Shopping Center. First they went to the bookstore that was on the first floor next to the entrance, there they realized that there were too many people and that there were very few books left, something that 3 knew could happen, since there were only 8 days left until Christmas .

- SMG3, what are we going to do? This place is bursting at the seams.

- I guess we'll have to search through the remaining books and try to find something interesting for SMG1 -.

They both entered the place (Which was completely saturated in the box area) and began searching. However, it was not easy at all, since some people did not pay attention to anything and elbowed or kicked them. When they finally reached the literature books part, they were able to see that there were very few left. Almost all of them were about Horror stories, Paranormal or Gothic Cases. Mario and the red-eyed boy knew that neither SMG1 nor SMG2 liked those types of books (Especially 2, since they scared him, so 1 always asked that they please not give him those books). So they decided to go to the informational books.

When they arrived at the area of these books they saw that almost no one was taking those types of books (Especially because almost no one is interested in those types of books). So they started looking for an interesting book.

- SMG3, look what Mario found! - the fat Italian shouted very excited.

- What is Mario? -.

He then showed him a book called "Memeology 101: All about the life cycle of memes."

- What do you think? Do you think SMG1 might like it? -.

- Well yes, it seems like a good idea but do you think I have already read the other 2 books? - he said, showing him the spine of the book - Because it says here that it is "Volume 3", meaning that there are 2 other books, apart from this one -.

- But we can look for them, right? -.

- Yes, but we don't know how expensive they are. Because I don't bring enough to buy 3 books and besides, the gift from my secret friend is missing -.

- Don't worry SMG3, Mario has Luigi's card! -.

-How come you took it from Luigi?! - the red-eyed man responded confused.

- Luigi lent it to me!... More or less... -.

SMG3 looked at Mario with a disapproving look, but then he remembered that he used to do the same thing with SMG4's card, so he simply put the book that the mustachioed man had given him in a little basket that he had taken when entering that place.

- Okay Mario, go look for the other 2, I'll wait for you here -.

- ¡¡¡¡YEIIII, YEIIII!!!! -.

After that Mario ran away and returned not with 2 books, but with 3. Because he had discovered that they were not 4 books of "Memeology". But he had also discovered that they were on sale, for the same reason that no one wanted them.

Once they had the 4 books they went to line up at the cash registers to pay. After almost an hour, they managed to leave the bookstore and began to look for a store that sold lamps of a thousand and one shapes. It didn't take them long to find it, since it was one of the few places that sold things like that in that shopping center.

- Okay Mario, this is what we are looking for for SMG4 -.

He then showed him the photo of the lamp that he wanted 4, each one began to look in different places in the store. While Mario was searching the first floor, 3 was searching the 2nd. It took them a long time and sadly they couldn't find anything, but just when they were going to give up, the red-eyed man heard the mustachioed man calling him.

- SMG3! I found it! -.

3 quickly went down the stairs, when he arrived with Mario, he saw that he had managed to find the happy little lamp.

- Brilliant! Now we just have to go pay it and we'll get out of here - said SMG3 excitedly.

- Okie Dokie! - answered the fat Italian.

They took the lamp to the cash register, where a little old man attended to them and very kindly gave them the lamp. Then they left the Mall and headed back towards the Showgrounds.

Upon arrival, SMG3 said goodbye to Mario and each one went home. 3 started tending the coffee the rest of the day. That night he carefully put away SMG4's gift and lay down next to Eggdog to think. At the end of it all, things were starting to turn out well...
_________________________________________________

❄️ 8 Days Until Christmas ~ ❄️