12

Zena pov

I stand up handing a baby to each girl "We are heading outside for some sunlight if you would like to join us" I say looking at Alcina.

Alcina just looks at me I sigh and motion the girls to move along putting my arm around Bela "She is so frustrating sometimes, how can we parent the babies together if she won't even try with me I invited her but she just looks at me like I'm stupid".

Bela nods looking at me "I don't expect you two to be together ever again but we would like to have family time with both parents even if you don't love each other" she says sadly.

I sigh stopping the girls "Look I love your mom truly but I can't go back to being a toy to her, no matter what till the day I die I will be here for you girls the same as for the babies I love you all so much, I see you girls as my daughters. I know we had a rocky start and you all were unsure of me and thought I would take all your moms time, but it never crossed my mind and when you finally let me in I would never let that go you girls are my heart".

They nod as I lead us outside feeling Daniela cuddle into me I hug her close "What's wrong Dani?"

She sniffles looking down "Mom says we can date but I'm scared, what if I turn out like Mom or if I end up with someone like Mom?"

Taking a breath I make her look at me "You Daniela are not your mother you have always listened to your heart, you pretty much wear your heart on your sleeve and it scares the hell out of me knowing you are so sensitive never stop listening to it but, listen to your other senses if something feels off trust it plus if you got with someone who was just mean and hurt you, I promise your sisters, and I, even your mother would rip the world apart to find and punish them nowhere they ran would be safe."

She giggles looking at me "But you're human how could you do that too?"

I hum looking at the sky "Cassandra when you hunt in the spring what do you avoid that normally you wouldn't think about avoiding?"

She frowns looking at me "Female animals".

I nod smiling "Why do you avoid them?"

She scoffs "They just had babies they are crazy protective".

I nod "Exactly you never mess with a mother but if you mess with her baby, they will not let up the only escape is death even with your superior powers it will not stop a mother from fighting back to protect their young" I look at Daniela "powers or not I would respond the same for you girls and have done it before".

She nods cuddling into me as we watch the babies roll around as Bela and Cassandra play with them, I kiss Daniela's head "No matter what or where I will come to help you all Dani always remember that".

Feeling her tighten her hold on me then nod I smile leaning on a tree.

I smile as the girls curl up around me with the babies in the shade napping looking out to the tree line I spot a moroaică stumbling around, watching as she picks up stuff tasting it then tossing it away grunting I see her pick up a flower eating it my eyes widen at seeing the mutations she has reverses before she drops to the ground I reach over quickly tapping Cassandra waking her up.

She groans looking at me as I carefully get up motioning her to follow me "What's wrong Zena?"

I keep walking stopping her at a safe distance "That was a moroaică Cassandra".

She frowns looking at her as I walk over grab the body and pull her to Cassandra "Do not touch her use your sickle, take her to the hazard lab and bring me two sample jars and gloves."

She nods stabbing the leg dragging her off I kneel looking at the flowers she was in as Cassandra swarms back, handing me what I asked for, moving closer I reach out "Cassandra I need you to stay back and you and your sister need to avoid these till we know what the fuck happened, please go find Mother Miranda and tell her something has come up that needs her immediate attention".

Hearing her swarm away I wait for Mother Miranda when she appears I motion her to stop
"Mother Miranda stay back please, I just watched a moroaică do it's normal taste anything deal but when it ate one of these it's mutations reverse then she dropped dead".

"Get me samples make sure you get roots as well, where is the moroaică?" she demands.

I nod doing as she asked "had Cassandra drag her to the lab with her sickle told her not to
touch her since I couldn't do that, I didn't want to leave her here and have her try to mess with
these plus shes faster".

Closing the jars I pull the gloves off turning what touched the plant inside then my other glove over it for safety, standing up I hand them to her "Get the kids inside, shower before touching them and burn those clothes" she orders.

I nod jogging to the kids waking them up when they look at me I step back "I need you two to get the babies inside watch them while I shower." turning I point to the area "Stay away from there completely, I think it best to avoid this side of the garden till Mother Miranda says it's safe please go now".

They get up with the babies rushing in, I go to the door pull my shoes off then jog to my
room, quickly starting a fire in the fireplace pulling my clothes off I toss everything in it before jumping in the shower scrubbing myself raw once out I open the door seeing Mother Miranda and Alcina.

"Come we need someone with no mutations to handle this stuff" Mother Miranda says.

I nod following them reaching the lab I'm handed a full body hazard suit and mask pulling it all on I step in closing the door looking back at the glass viewing window with the speaker.

"Okay what am I doing? I'm not a scientist" I say in a shaking voice.

"We will talk you threw this till we know what this stuff is" I nod grabbing the body, getting her on the table I strap her down "Why are you strapping her down?"

I snort "Human and moroaică do not mix they like the taste of us, seeing as a moroaică is a glorified zombie this bitch is strapped down permanently, I'm not getting bit if her ass wakes up, I watched zombie movies even before those things became real in America".

"What does that mean?" Alcina asks.

I keep my eyes on the moroaică watching her for even a twitch "It means those dumb asses in the movies never strap these fuckers down and when they turn their backs they rise and bite them or when they lean over to do something near them they get bit. I will not be another horror movie cliche the Americans do that enough now what are the hopes for this anyway?"

"You said it reversed the mutations I want to find out if this can be harnessed to reverse less desirable mutations but keep others" says Mother Miranda.

I nod "That would be useful to Lord Moreau".

"Yes I want this to help my special boy" I smile at her response.

Taking a breath I nod "Okay Mother Miranda, let's help Lord Moreau what do you want me to do?"

(Time skip)

I remove the hazard suit tossing it in the furnaces then step out "That was disgusting to see and smell I get you needed the flower from her stomach but, that was horrible I would rather smell and see vomit than that ever again." I say while shivering and cringing.

Mother Miranda puts her arm around my shoulders smiling at me "It gets easier but you did
wonderfully, you didn't pass out or vomit I'm proud".