17

Few days later

Sitting in the sitting room with Ingrid, Santi and the babies I watch as Rome grabs the table
pulling himself up when he falls on his butt, he looks at me his lip jutted out starting to cry Santi claps loudly saying "Yay" excitedly drawing his attention Rome smiles clapping with him.

I snort glancing at Santi as he shrugs "What he will start to cheer for himself when he falls
after trying" he says leaning back in his chair.

I duck when a swarm flies over my head and hear barking at the closed door, Bela reforms looking like she's been in a fight and lost, hearing whining at the door she glances around "They tried to eat my flies and chased me".

I laugh looking at her "Bela your hair's messed up".

She scoffs looking at me pointing with half a finger "fuck the hair ma they took my finger".

Getting up I open the door following the sound of buzzing getting the dog to stop I pick up the large fly walking back to her I place it on her shoulder.

She sighs looking at her finger seeing it return "Thank you".

Nodding I look at her "Maybe stay higher up when you swarm".

I hear the doors slam open and move to see what it is, seeing Mother Miranda come in with Lord Moreau leading him to the lab "Zena let's go" she calls.

I jump up following her knowing Bela and Santi will handle the babies.

Going into the lab I see her get him on the medical table, she starts getting everything ready and I move over leaning on the wall "Hello Lord Moreau, we found a way to reverse the less desirable effects of the Cadou after many tests, we are confident that threw a series of shots over the next few weeks we can safely help you, I will warn you it is a painful process but we have had promising results" I say smiling at him.

He looks up at me smiling slightly as Mother Miranda comes over looking unsure so I hold my hand out "Mother Miranda maybe I should do it so you can comfort him threw this".

She looks at the needle but finally holds it out "Be careful with him do not hurt him".

I nod as she gets him laid down and strapped down "I will do my best Mother Miranda, you know it's painful but I will not cause any more pain than he will already be in".

Stepping up I look his arm over finding a vain and clean the area "I am sorry for the pain you feel and any pain this causes".

Injecting him with the small dose he whines shaking, I watch Mother Miranda stroke his head speaking softly to him.

I look shocked when his hand grabs mine looking up at him I smile gently squeezing his hand
"You're doing great Lord Moreau, it will be a few more of these before we see any noticeable results".

When he stops shaking and passing out Mother Miranda sighs looking at him "Thank you Zena I'll let him rest then move him to his room".

I nod cleaning my hands and disposing of the used stuff walking back to the sitting room I see Ingrid watching Santi sneaking up behind her I hiss in her ear "You should control your
lust, that is my son I have no problem beating your ass".

I stepping back as she screams turning to look at me shocked "I...um... I don't...".

I shake my head "Do not I can smell you but keep in mind that is my son, you hurt my sweet sensitive boy and I'll make you wish you were back trapped in the cellar as a full moroaică".

next day

After getting the girls and one boy ready we leave the room I see Santi come out of his room, his hair a mess a brush stuck in it looking nervously at me, I grab his shirt dragging him back to his room "Where are your hair care products".

He gives a nervous laugh pointing to the brush I release him going into the bathroom looking around for the proper stuff finding none "Are you serious a brush, you ignored proper care of your curls and used a brush" I hiss.

Hearing a door slam I look out and see his room empty and the door open "SANTI IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO FIX YOUR HAIR FROM BEING A FRIZZY TANGLED MESS" I scream taking off after him.

"Ma I'm sorry I forgot and it's so much work we can cut it off and restart," he says dodging me.

I curl my lip in a snarl "NO WE WILL NOT, YOU WILL NOT CUT YOUR HAIR NEITHER WILL ROME NOW COME HERE" I jump taking him down and drag him with me by his leg to Alcina's room, pushing the door open I move to her bathroom looking at her stuff grabbing what I need including a pick "do not move" I say to him.

His face turns red as he nods looking worried when I finally release him he runs stumbling
out the door.

I walk out glaring at his retreating form.

"Zena what happened?" I hear Alcina ask, I grunt pointing the way Santi went "he fucked up his hair over the years and had the nerve to say he will cut it and restart".

I feel her large hand on my shoulder "Love he is a male maybe having a man's hair....." I slap her hand off turning to glare at her .

"Do not finish that if you expect to ever get me in bed again Alcina, both he and Rome have
native heritage they will not cut their hair off I will allow trims but it will not be cut off".

When she goes to speak I shake my head she sighs nodding "I understand you want to keep
their hair but maybe it should be their choice".

I huff crossing my arms looking at her seeing her look at me waiting "Fine" I growl moving
to the end of the hall "SANTI IF YOU WANT TO CUT YOUR HAIR YOU CAN" I yell and glare at Alcina again.

"Come love the children seem to be tormenting each other" she says.

I nod following her till I can hear the kids arguing and crashing pushing the door open I find Bela on one of the bookshelves hissing at Rome who has a large smile, while Daniela and Cassandra stand on a desk avoiding Elora and Faya and finally Santi stands with his book at the upper level of the library sketching.

"Mamma help" they cry, I see them swarm away as Rome turns into a large lizard with sharp teeth, Elora turns into a swarm of Cicadas, and finally Faya into a swarm of Kissing bugs chasing after their sisters.

I groan coving my face "damn it".

few hours later Alcina pov

Holding Rome facing me I noticed something that seemed odd to me his sisters make eye contact but he looks slightly away avoiding eye contact with everyone, I'd noticed Zena and Santi avoid eye contact as well always looking slightly away from direct eye contact or away completely not facing the person they talk to.

I sit watching as they  insult each other laughing but avoiding eye contact when Mother comes up behind me "They are a strange pair".

I nod not looking away "They seem to enjoy insulting each other but don't seem to find it
insulting".

She hums and I look at her "Mother they avoid eye contact completely Rome does as well
I've noticed".

I hear her hum again confirming she's seen it too turning I look to her for answers "I looked into it because I know it could be a sign of mental illness but it seems they are just socially awkward, they both have depression as well, Rome may take after them and be socially awkward Zena did mention he acts a lot as Santi did as a baby but, we will know for sure as he grows but she doesn't believe he will have your temper he is very laid back even now".

Looking up when Zena laugh harder I see the girls all over her
"read to me"
"Tell me about movies"
"Come watch me train"
They say all at once she smiles kissing their heads.

"Girls I will gladly do this but, I can only do one at a time" she says.

They all look up at her when Santi clears his throat "I have movies that are pretty new Ma has a movie player set up in her room" .

Zena smiles "What do you girls think want to watch a movie together?".