16

Next day Alcina pov

Walking threw the halls knowing the girls and babies are outside playing.

I hear claws on the floor larger than the dogs that were brought in I frown just knowing it's Regina then I realize it's multiple claws I am hearing, I hear a loud yowl from a cat and see Regina charge at me ducking between my legs I look back about to go after her when I hear the other claws get closer.

Looking in the direction of the sound I see the dogs brought in chasing after her with a half-shifted lycan maid in the middle of the pack, I move to let them pass while grabbing the
lycan maid up by her scruff She whines as I take her mother.

Walking in I see Zena sitting while Santi gets blood drawn I walk past them and put the maid in a seclusion room "stay".

I walk back to them and lean on the wall smirking as I listen to the chase, when Zena notices it she narrows her eyes glaring "What are you listening to that has you so happy?"

"Just a cat running from rats" I say smiling.

I feel a slap to my leg and see Zena rush out of the room.

Santi looks up at me "Why is she mad about that?"

Lighting a cigarette I shrug like I don't know when mother huffs "because she hinted that Regina who is Zena's friend and is also trying to win my other daughter over is being chased by the dogs, she turns into a panther, Alcina is calling the dogs rats because to her size they seem like large rats".

Santi laughs looking at me "What I brought the real danger out of the pack" I say motioning to the half lycan maid who glaring at me.

The door opens and Zena comes in with Regina following she drops to the ground huffing, I
push her with my foot "What's wrong did the rats nip your toes".

I chuckle when she swipes at my leg "Keep it up I'll toss you in with the maid".

I see Zena yanking two of the bio suits down before tossing one of them to Santi "Come on we get to play don't be a stereotype".

Watching them both suit up I move to the window seeing Zena grab a lead pole hooking it on a moroaică leading it out "Come hold her here do not let it go" she tells Santi.

She grabs a muzzle moving behind her quickly fixing it on then takes the pole back dragging her to a restraint chair getting him to hold the pole again.

I watch her yank her into the chair strapping her in before she moves to look at her "Alcina she's an old maid do you remember her?"

Leaning in I spot the necklace and nod "Ingrid" I say.

I watch as Zena moves her hand around in front of her "She's highly alert we could never figure out why or how" I say.

She nods snapping her fingers seeing her eyes while glazed focus on her fingers Zena smiles
"This looks promising".

I watch as she moves closer to her "Ingrid".

She smiles when the moroaică looks at her "Focus can you understand me?"

I see Ingrid grunt and Zena looks excited "You are a moroaică".

Ingrid hisses jerking forward as Zena nods holding up a needle "This could bring you back a little, you won't be human but will be able to control yourself and communicate, or it could reverse this so much you fully die do you understand?"

When she grunts Zena nods "Will you agree to let me test it on you?"

Ingrid grunts again and Zena nods "Okay no matter the outcome I hope you find peace and I'm sorry for any pain" She quickly sticks the needle in her neck and moves back pulling
Santi with her behind a clear shield.

Zena pov

I watch as Ingrid screams thrashing around in the chair after she stops moving and goes silent I move out over to her to look closer, and I see her skin has returned and no longer looks rotten her hair while dirty and stringy is blonde I write down the results when she groans.

Looking up I move into view "Ingrid can you understand me?"

I hear a raspy voice say yes.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I ask.

Santi brings me a chair and I sit down writing my results so far "a woman saying sorry to me than pain".

I nod "How about before that?"
She groans opening her eyes and looking at me "Was taken from the cellar".

I nod "Okay what about before the cellar do you remember anything?"

She shakes her head no "Okay that's okay it may come back in time".

I laugh nervously "So good news you survived the experiment but you are not human anymore".

She looks at me worried "I was killed by Lady Dimitrescu".

I nod looking down "Yes I was put in charge of trying to right the wrongs Mother Miranda and the lords committed".

She slums "I'm a monster now".

Shaking my head I look at her "Answer this how do you think animals look at humans?"

She frowns looking at me "What?"

"Okay humans eat animals that's the natural order right?" I ask she nods.

"So to animals humans are monsters then, every predator has pray, for humans it's animals for some animals it's other animals and at time humans if they win the fight, so if a predator higher then humans needs meat and blood to survive are they truly monsters or are they trying to survive the best they can?"

I see her nod looking away "They have changed the way things are run but they lashed out at everyone because they were judged and hated for surviving, and had to hear every rude and
mean thing the staff said about them you can only be hurt so much before you lash out".

She nods and I look to Santi handing him the lists "Handle this do not be an idiot and release her till we are certain she won't attack anyone".

Seeing his nod I walk out to Mother Miranda "All the tests have shown no lasting effect
unless ingested or placed into the bloodstream I think keeping an eye on her and watching for any effects, maybe we have found how to help him".

"Do you know if there are any more highly active?" I ask Alcina.

She nods looking at Ingrid "Yes I'll have the girls catch them and bring them up."

I laugh looking at her and yank her dress smirking when she follows me, Ingrid looks shocked
at this, I ignore her as I swing the containment room open and point "Where exactly will you put them because this has only one area to hold down one damn creature, I told you I refuse to be a stereotype and with Santi working in here with me he will not be in more danger or you will be sleeping on the floor because I will burn your bedroom furnishings and run Duke off till I change my mind".

I see her growl looking at me "Then tell me what you want".

I glare at her "Call your brother and get him here to update and strengthen the containment room, unless you are willing to apologize to Regina and spend a week straight holding her hand telling everyone you see that she's your best friend".

I watch the vain-like cracks become prominent across her face as I look at her knowing she's trying to scare me into backing down I keep myself calm and my heart rate even by force, she sighs looking away "I'll go call the man child" she huffs walking away.

Walking back out I see Ingrid look at me wide-eyed "How?" She whispers.

I shrug and start checking her over "Simple she got me pregnant and is trying to change so sometimes I've had to bluff to get what needs to be done complete, I've found if I offer something she hates more as a second choice she will agree to what needs to happen".