Why Hide?

After around a week, Asher was settled into her room and Charlie had decided Asher would be a cook/stand in bartender when Husk wasn't wanting to work. But the job itself was pretty lax as the only residents were Angel Dust and Sir Pentious.

Asher and Angel Dust could often be found causing slight trouble, the pair getting along quite well. Her bracelet had buzzed a few times since she'd left Midnight's place, but she still refused to answer the summoning.

-♡

Angel Dust was at work, the call Valentino gave Angel Dust didn't sound very happy which meant he would likely be gone all night.

Asher sat at the bar with Husker, quietly sipping at a glass of tequila. Charlie and Vaggie were watching TV, and Sir Pentious was off doing Gods know what.

Asher slipped in an earbud and turned on an animated show on her phone, resting her chin on her blackened hands which resting on the bar top so she could comfortably watch the show.

Alastor stepped into the parlor and began conversing with Charlie, his yellow grin in place as it always was. Just as Asher was taking a draw from her vape, a character said something she found particularly hilarious and she choked on the smoke before falling off of the barstool with a laugh.

She laid on the floor laughing her unholy ass off for a few minutes, making the others smirk at her enjoying herself.

"Your freckles glow when you laugh." Husker pointed out with a chuckle.

Asher sat up and giggled once more, her black hand flying up to cover her oddly white grin. "Yeah, comes with my 'biology' I guess." She chuckled, settling back on the barstool. Suddenly, her phone began ringing and she hurried to disconnect her earbuds and answer the call.

"Hello?" She asked, only to be met by awkward breathing. When she pulled the phone away from her ear, she was met with a contact she didn't like seeing and quickly hung up before blocking the number.

"What was that about?" Husker asked.

"Just.. someone from my past." She says with a huff.

"If you don't like them why not have them dealt with?" The catish demon asked, his wings flicking.

"That's who I used to be. I killed him once and that's why we're both in Hell." Asher deadpanned, rolling her eyes and huffing a piece of black hair out of her face.

She'd gotten comfortable, and without thinking slipped her trench coat off, revealing her bright white button up tucked into her black skirt. As well as her deer-like tail.

"What?" Husker asked, tilting his head confusedly and staring at the three behind Asher.

Asher turns, tilting her head as well. Charlie looked like she had stars in her eyes, Vaggie wasn't even hiding the fact that she was staring at Asher's ass, and Alastor's grin was still present, though his red eyes were wide and a soft blush coated his gray skin on his cheeks.

"What has you all like a deer in headlights?" Asher asks, becoming self-conscious.

She covers her stomach in insecurity, until it finally dawned on her. "My coat-!" She yelps, looking like she was about to curl into herself from insecurity, but before she can allow the tears to flow at being exposed, Alastor is there with his own waistcoat being draped across her shoulders, shifting into a larger form to cover her from the others' eyes.

A sense of protection washed over her as Alastor stood behind her, his upper thigh brushing her black and silver tail. She melts into the security he offers, even if it may be false. He helps her slide her gray and black arms into the sleeves of his coat, his fingers lingering on her shoulder for a moment before stepping away. She looked flattering in red.

"S-sorry.." she mumbled, keeping her head down and making sure her beanie was secured on her head.

"Don't be! But.. why do you hide your tail?" Charlie asked.

"Because I know how demons can be." Asher huffed.

"She has a point." Husker said.

"Well then, that's the first thing we'll work on with you. After all, staff members also have to work on bettering themselves here. Isn't that right, Alastor." Vaggie said, seemingly growling Alastor's name.

"Quite." Alastor chuckled, rolling his red sleeves up to his elbows.

Asher didn't like the sound of that.