Broken.

Asher couldn't recognize herself.

She'd stared into the mirror in her personal bathroom for almost an hour, ignoring the throbbing her wrist produced from the bruises that'd been left on her almost two hours prior.

Alastor had reluctantly gone to hunt for something to eat, having become hungry from carelessly exerting his powers on the demon that'd harmed Asher.

She was ashamed that something so simple had sent her back mentally to the place where she hated being.

It was a place that Stefan put her in, and it made her feel disgusting.

She shook her head and stepped into her bedroom, she sat on the edge of her bed, elbows propped up on her knees as her head rested in her hands.

"Look at you," Stefan barked, his light skin was shiny with sweat as he tucked his shirt back into his trousers.

"You're pathetic, broken. No one wants a broken girl." He said, grabbing Asher's face roughly and forcing her to look up at him.

"Such a pretty little fawn. Too bad you're already broken, and no one appreciates a broken doe." He snarled, striking her in the face.

Asher's body shook with anger, and she snapped. She stood abruptly and with a growl she pushed the alarm clock and a picture frame off of her bedside table.

She turned around and grabbed her blankets and sheets, throwing them off of her bed before doing the same with the pillows.

She marched to her vanity, smashing multiple makeup products and tossing jewelry in different directions, throwing glass containers into the walls.

She ripped the curtains off the rod above her window, tossing them onto the floor as well before she moved to her other bedside table and kicking it over.

She hears glass shatter, and sees a broken coffee mug. The coffee Alastor had brought her that morning.

She picks up a framed picture of her and her mother, and her anger spikes again. She gets mad and throws it at the wall, laughing when the glass in it smashes with her ears furrowed.

She doesn't hear the door open, or feel Alastor's presence, lost in her anger and maniacal laughter.

"Who's the little bitch now?!" She growls, stomping on the picture frame and gripping her ears painfully.

Alastor comes up behind her and gently grabs her wrists, lowering them before pulling her into a hug and resting his head on top of hers. "Breathe, my dear." Alasor cooed, gently carding his clawed fingers through her hair.

Slowly, her breathing slows from rapid gasps to slow drawls of breath as Alastor calms her down.

She pulls away from him slightly, her eyes taking in his soft grin and his perky ears. "Now, do you feel any better dear?" He asked.

She nodded, wiping her teary eyes.

Alastor's eyes soften more, and he does something she wasn't expecting.

He leans forward and allows his nose to press into hers gently. "Boop." He said, giving her a closed mouth smile.

She giggles lightly before pulling away and then pressing her nose into his again. "Boop." She said, hiccuping shortly after from crying.

His hand cupped her cheek. "Smile darling, you're never fully dressed without one." He says.

She gives him a small smile.

"I know you can do better, my doe." He chuckled, gently prodding the tips of his claws into her side.

She giggles, her smile widening at the ticklish contact. "There it is! The smile that knocks my socks off!" He laughs, pressing his forehead onto hers.