Docile.

Alastor had wandered deeper into the emporium at Rosie's request, leaving the taller overlord and the doe to themselves as they settled at Rosie's little table and Rosie made Asher a cup of tea.

Asher didn't quite like hot tea, preferring cold southern sweet tea or any kind of coffee except black coffee, but she wouldn't be rude and decline Rosie's offer.

"So tell me dear, how does someone as docile and friendly as you end up in a place like Hell?" Rosie asked, her blackened gaze was relaxed and her left leg rested over her right knee.

"Erm- being a serial killer, I guess." Asher said, left hand rubbing the back of her neck as an awkward chuckle left her throat.

"Oh?" Rosie hummed, interest piqued.

"Yeah, though now I tend to avoid killing unless it's absolutely necessary." Asher said, sipping the tea.

Alastor pranced back over, placing a tray of cannibalistic delicacies on the small table before plucking one for himself.

"Ah, thank you Alastor." Rosie said, picking at a finger before plopping it into her mouth with a satisfied hum.

Alastor leaned down as Rosie beckoned to him, his grin more relaxed than it usually was. Asher doesn't pay attention to what Rosie says, focusing more on Alastor.

Her cheeks felt warm, her pulse felt erratic, her fingertips felt sweaty and she fought to tear her gaze away from him before the Radio Demon noticed her staring.

He backed away again, choosing to instead converse with other demons he knew.

Asher's thoughts are interrupted by Rosie's light chuckle. Asher tilts her head, one ear furrowing almost like a puppy at Rosie's laughter.

"Tell me youngling, you like Alastor don't you?" Rosie asked, sipping her tea.

Asher's ears furrow against her head and she feels her tail fluff up in alarm.

"A-as a friend, yes. He's quite nice to me." Asher says humbly.

Rosie chuckles, her pinkish white teeth glinting in the artificial light of the Emporium. "My dear, I'm not daft." Rosie begins.

"I know the difference between platonic affection and romantic pining." She says, making Asher question if she'd be better off working for Valentino alongside Angel Dust if Alastor found out about her growing affections.

Rosie leaned slightly closer to Asher over the small table. "You're falling for him, and that scares you. What I want to know, is why." She says.

Asher chuckles quietly, back straightening out of nervousness as her right hand fidgets with her skirt. A simple tattoo peaked out from under the skirt on her left thigh.

"I-I'm not sure what you mean." She says, suddenly very interested in the cannibalistic snacks placed on the table.

"You're scared of having feelings for him, why?" Rosie asked, her black eyes gentle and smile soft.

Asher shrugs. "From the stories, Alastor is heartless, yet through small actions I have the feeling that isn't true. However, Alastor is an overlord, which would give anyone a fear of falling for him." Asher says, snacking lightly on a finger.

"That's not the only reason you're scared, but not to worry I won't press you too hard. We barely know each other, for now." Rosie said, her smile growing.

Asher chuckles but slightly relaxes. "Well, I'm open to answering other questions." She says, her ears loosening from their position tensly pressed against her head.

-♡

After a while of casual talking, a male demon walked up to Rosie and Asher, the glint in his eyes wasn't friendly but not malicious either.

"You're a cute little thing." He purred, reptilian tail swaying slowly.

He was tall, and blue. Around 7 feet tall maybe a little shorter, with a gecko-like head and red eyes.

His hands were humongous and clawed. He wore a black T-shirt and blue jeans with a black leather jacket.

Asher's ears furrowed. "Thanks..?" She hummed, eyes shifting to Rosie as the taller woman's foot nudged her boot-clad hoof from under the table.

She turned her head back to face the reptile, her heart nearly dropping to her ass as she sees Alastor out of the corner of her eye, his eyes were dark and almost unreadable, his smile nearing feral.

A black aura surrounded Alastor as he watched the interaction as Asher held her finger up to gesture for him to hold off.

For several minutes, Asher and Rosie both attempt to get the strange demon to leave them alone, Rosie recognizing he wasn't even a cannibal.

Until, he grabbed Asher by her wrist and yanked her out of her seat. The scene is too familiar, reminding her of her human life and making her uncomfortable.

Her eyes widen in fear momentarily, before Rosie rises out of her seat angrily and within milliseconds Alastor is there, clawed hand ripping her out of the demon's hands before wrapping him in a shadowy tentacle.

Alastor turns to Asher, ears furrowed and eyes squinted in concern as his feral grin softens very slightly as he checks her over. "I'm fine-." She chokes out, but it lands on deaf ears as Alastor's skillful red gaze lands on the quickly bruising marks on Asher's wrist.

Rosie's hands land gently on Asher's shoulders and suddenly the most feral growl Asher has ever heard is released from Alastor's throat as he whirls around and stalks closer to the demon.

"Absolutely filthy." Alastor snarls, ripping into the demon.