Mercy.

Angel Dust and Asher laid on the large couch in the parlor of the hotel, Husker was behind the bar drinking as they napped, Angel on his back and Asher's head and upper body laying on his stomach and legs. His hands were ungloved, and slender white digits very gently clutched one of her ears.

Charlie bounced down the stairs, coming to a stop in front of Husker. She's about to open her mouth and ask him something when he hold a finger to his lips before pointing at the two demons on the couch.

Charlie gushes with stars in her eyes at the display. She goes back upstairs to a separate parlor where Vaggie, Sir Pentious and Alastor were, watching a news broadcast and arguing. "Guys, you gotta come see this." She squealed.

Alastor is the last to follow, his yellow toothed grin unbothered as always.

Once down in the main parlor, Charlie realizes Angel had awoken and was currently running his fingers through Asher's long black and white hair soothingly. "She was havin' a nightmare." Angel whispered, a protective look crossing his features.

"I don't think I've seen her that relaxed." Husker commented.

"Not in the past week at least." He finishes, taking another drink of alcohol.

Charlie chuckles sheepishly.

"I wouldn't say that." Angel speaks up with a small smile.

"You're forgetting, she opened up to Smiles the other day." He said, before shutting his mouth as she stirred slightly.

"She did?" Charlie asked, confused.

"Ah, she did indeed." Alastor confirmed, his voice bringing her eyes to open slightly and search for him.

"I'd suggest seein if she'll let ya hold her, but touch isn't your thing." Angel comments, small smirk resting on his face as Asher lays on Angel's stomach still.

The overlord in Alastor takes it as a challenge, but the gentleman in him hesitates. "Don't be absurd, we're friends not mates!" He chuckled, but leaned down to brush a strand of hair out of her face anyways.

Vaggie and Charlie shared a look but shrugged, not wanting an argument.

-♡

Asher had fallen asleep again after the ruckus, and was just waking back up when there was a loud pounding on the front doors of the hotel. Husker looked over with a raised brow as Charlie answered it, before she came into the parlor with a freightened expression.

A tall demon trailed behind her, his skin was black and scaley, his deep yellow eyes bore into Asher's tired gold gaze and his yellowed teeth were bared in a grin more sadistic than anything Alastor had ever shown. He had pointed ears and dragon-like wings that folded like a cloak around his shoulders, as well as a dragon-like tail.

"Stefan.." Asher growled, hands humming with the static electricity her soul emitted.

"Ah, Ash dear, I've been trying to call you." Stefan says with the same grin.

Vaggie didn't like the look of the guy, and Husker was wondering when Alastor was going to decide to show, knowing he was already eavesdropping.

"I don't have a phone." Asher said, crossing her arms.

Her ears were furrowed and her tail swayed wildly in anticipation.

His eye twitched.

"I thought I made it clear you weren't to ignore my calls." He said, taking a step towards her.

Before anyone can make him back up, he's got Asher by the throat, but he's barely using any force.

Alastor quickly enters, his grin suddenly dark as he glares at the way Stefan is holding Asher.

"I wouldn't." Asher growls.

He's scared, she realizes. He's no fool, he knows Asher is powerful and he's playing with a fire he knows he can't put out. She killed him, he came into her territory, and now he was starting to pussy out.

"You're mine, you can't do this to me." Stefan attempts to reason, but Asher's fingers grow into claws and she slashes at him quickly, making him drop her.

"I was never yours, you took my innocence by force." She growls, licking his blood off of one of her digits.

"Lies!" Stefan growls before attempting to tackle Asher.

He's intercepted by a green illuminated shadow that wraps around him and flings him away from Asher, Alastor moving to stand in front of her with his hands clasped behind his back, his staff was covered in the same green light as the shadow tendril.

He turned his head to look her over through his peripheral, his ears furrowed. She nods, signifying she was alright and comes to stand directly behind him, their bodies nearly touching.

Alastor chuckles, a tendril wrapping onto each of Stefan's arms and legs, holding him stiffly in place. "Since you can't be bothered to treat a lady with respect, I won't be bothered enough to treat you with it either." He says, voice and grin sounding sinister, at least until Asher stopped him.

Her cold hand rested on his right shoulder with a ghost-like touch. His head snaps in her direction, his pupils having formed into radio dials.

"Scare him and let him go. I was the cause of his death once already." She whispered, and Alastor could see just how tired she truly was by being this close to her. His eyes soften at the exhaustion so clear in her gold and red gaze.

He nods, and she smiles softly, mouthing a "thank you" to him.