Trust Me.

Asher was dreading the next trust exercise, knowing what would likely go down during it if the first pairing was anything to go by.

This time, Asher was paired with Husker.

The two walked through a place that looked eerily similar to Asher's hometown, despite it being significantly darker and quieter than she was used to. "Where in the fuck are we now?" Husker mumbled, his wings folding into themselves as a way of protecting himself.

"Fuck if I know." Asher murmured, summoning her scythe and balancing it on her shoulder as they walked.

"You like range?" He asked, motioning to the turquoise weapon.

"I like whatever I can get my hands on." She chuckles, summoning a variety of weapons before they dissipated and left her with her scythe.

"That's fair." Husker replied, summoning his cards.

"No offense, but how much damage is a hand of cards supposed to do against a shadow hound?" She asked, raising a brow.

"He got you with a hound too?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thing went after Nifty and made my nose bleed." Asher growled.

"What'd ya do to it?" Husker asked.

"Killed it." She says simply as they continued finding their way through the streets.

"Wait.. you.. you killed it?" Husker asked, his pupils shrinking in fear.

"Yeah. Is there an issue with that?" Asher asks, looking at him with a raised brow.

"No one's been lucky enough to even lay a hand on that thing. Most me and Angel Dust could do was avoid it 'til our timer went off." Husker said.

Asher shrugged. "I'm nowhere near as terrifying as Alastor, but I don't go down without a fight." She says.

"Almost sounds like you're an overlord." Husker joked.

"I could've been, but I was responsible for enough death when I was alive. I'm simply humble." She chuckles, kicking in a door to inspect a building.

-♡

A whole pack of shadow hounds were attacking them. Asher attempted to avoid using her powers, and shifting into a different form, but the fight wasn't going too good without the extra effort.

A hound lunged at Husker and Asher slashed at it, driving it back.

"Husker!" She yelped, landing in front of him with a concerned glint in her golden eyes.

"Do you trust me?" She mumbled, helping him up.

"Wh- what does that have to do with anything?!" He asked with a growl.

"Just answer me!" She huffed.

"Barely but yes." He finally answered, and that's all she needs.

She whirls around and morphs into her more demonic form, steam huffing from her nostrils.

This form was much larger than the last one, standing at least at eleven feet tall with the same golden cracks and demonic wings. Her grin stretched sadistically as cirular hole-like speakers appeared on her now golden forearms, the skin exposed by her crop top reveal names written in gold on her stomach. Five in total.

Instead of demonic horns, this form had large antlers similar to Alastor's, except these were woven to look more like thorns instead of sharp edged antlers.

Husker backed away with his tail between his legs, despite this form representing small hints of some form of purity, it was equally terrifying to hear a demonic static emit from every single breath she released.

She acted quickly, golden tendrils slick with acidic poison were launched at each hound, wrapping around them and burning them intensely.

She lunged at the biggest one, claws ripping into the Shadow's false flesh and tearing it down bit by bloody bit until finally it was dead along with the other hounds, bringing an end to her and Husker's test as she went back to her humanoid form.

She put her hat and trench coat back on before offering a no longer clawed hand to Husker with a small smile. He took it with a fearful smile.