Playa Playoffs

***Penny***

Today was the big game. We were playing the Raiders. My game ended with a win, but now it was time to watch the guys game. We won by the way, but I wasn't as excited as I should've been. Our whole friend group seemed just... out of it today. We all knew why too. The whole Peyton and Daniel situation was just so sudden and out of no where. Shit, I thought me and Jacob would break up before Peyton and Daniel broke up!

I grabbed my towel off the bench from the locker room and grabbed my basketball bag. I was headed to the main gym to go sit with my other friends, since I already knew Peyton wouldn't be there to watch with me like she normally is. As I make my way to the bleachers, I see Kenya walking up towards me in her cheerleading outfit ready for the game.

"Hey P, any sign of Peyton yet?" Kenya asked.

"Nah," I said as I sipped my gatorade, "and I'm pretty positive she won't be coming either." Just when I finished saying that, I see two guys jog over to us. Daniel and Jacob.

"Hey, have you guys heard from Peyton?" Daniel asked. He looked a hot ass mess. His eyes were bloodshot. I knew he wasn't high by his demeanor, so I'm guessing he either got no sleep, or cried like a bitch... maybe even both.

"No, we were just talking about that actually." Kenya said.

"I'm worried about her guys, she should've at least texted one of us by now!" I said. "What if something is wrong...".

"Okay, how about after the game, we all go to check on her. If she wants us around, we will stay, and if she doesn't... it's a good thing I'm her next door neighbor." Jacob suggested. "Daniel, you should come too."

"Yeah I will, I'm really worried about her too. I just hope she's fine with seeing me.-" Daniel said as he got cut off.

"SIMMONS! LATIMORE! GET OVER HERE AND FINISH YOUR WARM UP DRILLS!" Coach yelled.

"Good luck guys!" Me and Kenya both said.

Jacob leaned over and kissed my cheek as a thank you. I turned back to where Kenya was standing, but realized she left to go stretch. I was actually alone for the first time in a while... and it felt pretty weird.

I sighed and went to find a spot in the bleachers. With this being a playoff game, I knew it would be impossible, but I never thought it would be this hard. I made my way up a little to where my grade level sat and I heard someone call my name. Confused, I turned my head to see Chresanto waving for me to come and stand my him.

"Hey Chres! What's up?" I said. 

"Not much! I saw your win! Pretty epic!" He cheered.

"Eh well.... ya know how I do." 

There was a small awkward silence after that, considering the fact that we just met yesterday.

"So, what brings you to today's game? I haven't seen you at any before..." I cheesed.

"Well, it's a pretty big game you know... and I uh, kinda wanted to see Kenya." 

"AHHHH I KNEW IT! Chresanto's gotta crush!!!" I laughed as I poked his stomach.

"Shhhh alright alright chill! Yeah I admit it... but uh, what does she think about me?"

"That's something you gotta find out on your own pretty boy." I giggled.

The game went by hella fast, and honestly, I was more exhausted cheering for this game than actually PLAYING in my game! We won by 2 points at the buzzer with a shot by Jacob! I swore I've never screamed louder in my entire life!

We all stormed the court and cheered in a huge sweaty mass that I call my school. In the middle of my cheering, I felt a wrist pull me out. I look up to see Daniel with a serious expression on his face.

"We need to go." Is all he says.

I see Jacob and Kenya grabbing their things off the bench, and we literally all sprint to separate cars. I ride with Jacob and Daniel and Kenya followed behind in their own cars. 

I suddenly started to worry. What if Peyton tried to kill herself or something during the game? What if she left town? What if she got completely wasted? Who knows what this child is doing!

We pulled up to Jacob's house so hard that my head hit his ceiling when we when over the curb to the driveway. I hopped out of the car and see Kenya and Daniel pull up right behind us. We all run over to the house next door to see what's going on.

Jacob rang the doorbell and we waited for what seemed like forever. No one answered, but we just knew someone was home. I looked in the driveway behind us and saw Peyton's car. 

"Guys, what should we do?" Kenya asked.

"J, do you know if they have a key or something?" I asked.

"I'm not sur-".

Jacob never finished, nor did he need to. Before anyone could say anything, Daniel opened the door like it was whatever.

"What? Peyton normally leaves the house unlocked for me..." Daniel said.

We entered the house and went directly up to Peyton's room not knowing what to expect.

However, when we finally reached her room, I felt the urge to hit her.