Don't Believe Me Just Watch

***Penny***
So Kenya told me the plan. We are taking Arianna in our prom group but we needed to get her a date, so Kenya suggested Princeton. I've never even met this kid so I was unsure how this would turn out. Apparently he is a senior just like Chresanto, and one of his best friends on the football team.
Anyways, so after school tomorrow, when me, Kenya, and Ari are getting ready for our practices, Kenya thinks it's smart to link up with Chres, who will apparently be talking to the football coach with Princeton, and introduce the two.
It seemed good enough, but the only thing I am concerned about is three words. Kenya and Chresanto.
Chres has been acting like a fool these past few weeks. I thought after I talked to him at the basketball game I knocked some sense into his small ass head but nope. He still hasn't asked out Kenya, and we are all getting annoyed. Plus, he needs too soon or else Kenya may change her mind about him and find another prom date.
So, I decided to talk to Chresanto with Peyton about this while thing. Maybe two girls can get it through this time.
Me and Peyton were chilling on her bed on our phones when Peyton's mom let Chres in and closed the door once more.
"Hey guys what's up?" He asked
"Uhhhh more like what's up with you Chres! I thought I told you to ask out Kenya, but no she's still single after 3 weeks of hanging out."
"Penny, it isn't that simple, okay?"
"Okay and why is that?" I asked.
"You know why Penny. I'm graduating in two months, I still don't know where I'm going to college. I got a lot of offers but I have to keep my grades up which has been a challenge. Plus, I like her a lot, and I don't want to be separated from her while she's still here for her last year of high school and I'm at college."
Peyton and I exchanged glances. I guess neither of us thought of it like that.
"Look, Chres, if you really like her, you should at least tell her. Let her know what she means to you kiddo." Peyton smiled.
"ANDDDDDD ask her to prom.... At the very least." I chipped in.
"Alright, I'll do that and see where that will go. And Penny, I will talk to her about this soon. I promise this time."
I smiled and so did Peyton. It was sad that Chres felt this way, but at least we were helping both him and Kenya out for now.
*THE NEXT DAY*
The bell signaling math was over finally rang. I got out of my seat and waited for Kenya to catch up. Pey seemed to be so absorbed in whatever Ray was saying that Kenya and I just began our walk to lunch without her.
"So, is after school still going down?" I asked Kenya.
"Actually no, I have an even better idea..."
"Oh no. Please tell me you are trying to hook Ari back up with Diggy."
"EW. No. We are all done with him. Anyways... Why don't you just look for yourself?" She said.
We made it to the lunch room and I looked in the direction Kenya was pointing. At our table, in Diggy's old spot was some guy with a huge Afro talking to Ari.
"Ahh, liking this plan already." I smiled.
We made it to the table and said hey to all of our friends. Eventually Peyton and Ray walked in laughing.
"Well it took you love birds long enough!" Kenya laughed.
"Hahaha sorry, Ray was telling me how his little brother Tay Tay got a bucket stuck on his head yesterday." Peyton smiled.
"Pey why you smiling? You like buckets on little kids heads?" I joked. The whole table cracked up.
"Nah, but I like their brothers!" Peyton smirked and kissed Ray on the cheek.
I threw two grapes at them as everyone else fake vomited.
"Yall some haters, for real." Ray laughed.
We all calmed down and Ari finally spoke up.
"Oh everyone, this is my new friend Princeton, also Chresanto's best friend."
We all said hey and the boys gave him dap. Everyone continued their side conversations until Chresanto took Kenya's hand and stood up.
"Hey, we'll be right back." Chres said and he gave me and Peyton small smiles.
When they left the cafeteria me and Peyton exchanged glances and jumped on our chairs doing a small dance and cheering.
"Penny wtf, people staring!" Jacob laughed.
"Let em look, me and Peyton too happy for sitting!" I yelled.
"YESS! HEY EVERYONE,GET READY TO SEE MORE OF THIS AT PROM!" Peyton yelled.
Everyone began laughing and me and Pey finally sat back down out of breath.
"So what was this all about?" Ari asked.
"Yeah for real. Like I thought Chres was takin Kenya outside to get freaky." Ray laughed.
Peyton hit his shoulder laughing, "ew Ray at a school?"
"Nah both of yall need to stop before this gets too out of hand." Princeton chucked.
"Thanks Grandpa Prince." Peyton mumbled just loud enough for us to hear.
"Okay, ANYWAYS. We think Chres is telling Kenya how he feels about her!" I spoke.
"Nuh uh! No way." Jacob said.
"Uhh yes way, Penny and I had a serious conversation with him last night." Pey said.
"Well Chres doesn't get into his feelings like ever so... Yall believe what yall wanna but I say that ain't even possible."
I hit Jacob on the arm.
"Ow, what?" He asked.
"DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH!" I sang. Peyton and Ari both joined along in the toon of that Uptown funk song as the boys all just sat there.
"Yall, shush, there they go." Princeton said.
We turned and saw Kenya and Chresanto coming towards our table. They both had their heads down and we all knew something was up.
The sat down and for the first time all year, our table was dead silent.