Angels

***Penny***
This plan was going to be flawless. I saw the way the new kid Ray was looking at Pey. I was gonna make sure they would end up together. Today, my goal was to just get them talking, and by the end of the week hopefully all of us can be back to hanging out as a crew again, with Ray included.
As for Daniel, Jacob told me he is talking to this new girl Arianna. This made my plan only better... No Daniel in the way to be jealous.
Earlier in the day, I texted Jacob about how he should try to become friends with Ray today. That also turned out to be a success.
We were all currently at our normal lunch table. Today, Ray sat with us so we could all get to meet him, and Arianna sat with us too, even though we already knew she was cool. On my side of the table, it was me at the end, Jacob, Ray, and Kenya. On the other side, across from me was diggy, Arianna, Pey, then chres. This was so perfect I even got Ray and Pey sitting across from each other.
Pey was in one of her moods. She was sitting at the table not talking to anyone with a book in hand... That is until Jacob said something. He leaned across the table snatching the book out of her hand.
"Heyyy. I was reading that!" Pey pouted.
"It's lunch! Come on lighten up Pey. " Jacob answered.
"Well it's a little hard to enjoy myself when my phone is gone." She shot me a look.
"Hey I'm sorry... I was asking for food. And either way, reading is a lame way to deal with it. Me and Kenya have detention too so we'll be okay."
"Hey... Reading isn't lame... It's a great way to escape from reality." Ray joined in and smiled at Pey. She returned with a slight smile at Ray. I immediately flew back in my chair to look at Kenya who did the same, we both did a little dance since this seemed to be working better than we thought.
I stood up and grabbed Kenya's hand.
"We'll be right back..." I said.
Together we took a slow stroll to the bathroom and I started to dance once again.
"KENYAAA I SMELL LOVE IN THE AIRRRR".
"BRUH DID YOU SEE HOW HE STOOK UP FOR HER LIKE DAMNNN, HE SWEET AS FUCK!" She yelled back.
"Okay let's calm down for a sec tho... Cause you know setting them up is only half of my plan..."
"Oh lord. What you planning?" Kenya asked.
"You and Chres." I giggled.
"Oh really... Good luck with that. He doesn't seem to like me like that."
I thought back to the game Saturday when I sat with Chres, he confessed to me he liked Kenya but I could tell he just nervous as hell. I wasn't gonna tell Kenya this though... Why ruin the surprise? It was fun playing matchmaker and I'm kinda good at this. All I had to do was convince Chres to take her out this weekend.
"I don't believe that for a second. Who knows what's going on his head?" Was all I said.
We went into the bathroom to check our hair and walked back to the cafeteria.
"Omg!!!! Penny look!" Kenya whisper yelled.
We were in the doorway of the cafeteria looking at our table. Peyton had moved into Kenya's seat so she could sit next to Ray where they were having a conversation. From our angle, we saw Peyton's back but we were able to see Ray's face clearly. He apparently was telling her something really funny cause we saw her laughing really hard with her hand on his arm. The look he had on his face made me literally want to cry. He was looking at Pey with the cutest face ever... He was looking at her as if she was an angel.
"Bruh imma cryyyy." Kenya said as she faked a few tears and laid down on the floor fake sobbing.
"Get up Kenya hahaha your dramatic ass gon catch a disease on that nasty floor!" I laughed. She flew off the ground and starting rubbing off her hoodie.
"Hahaha whatever let's just go back." I laughed.
We headed back to the table and I hugged Jacob from behind.
I glanced up at Kenya and I noticed she sat in Pey's original seat next to Chres, and when she sat he put an arm around her. Across from me Diggy and Arianna were sharing headphones dancing like fools to lord knows what. Peyton and Ray were still cackling like idiots so that was hard not to notice. Jacob took my hand and smiled at me, I guess he noticed too. For once, our group had no drama at all. Nothing to worry about at all.