Chapter Forty

~~AN: Here we go! It's the day before the wedding between our three favorite people. I will be doing this in three parts and the 2nd and 3rd chapters will be long. I hope to hear your thoughts and see those votes!

~~~~~

"You're sure you don't want a full light show?" Tony asked as he stood beside Steve at the lakeside. "I can create one with drones very easily."

Steve chuckled and nodded. "I'm sure. But maybe we can light up the lake somehow?"

"Done," Tony said with a snap of his fingers. "What else can I do? I've got pre-wedding jitters for you."

"I just want it to look perfect. Cleo likes lavender and sunflowers... we could do something with those?"

"Shuri!" Tony called out, knowing the young woman wasn't far. "Lavender and sunflowers?"

"Already taken care of. I know my best friend," Shuri replied, walking up from beside them. "You two get out of here. Aren't the men doing something this evening?"

"We are?" Steve questioned before looking over at Tony. "What did you do?"

Tony smirked knowingly. "It wasn't only me, okay?" he said, raising his hands defensively. "Wilson is in on it too... along with all the other guys here."

"All?" Steve questioned.

"Yeah, all... T'Challa, Barton, Wilson, you, and Barnes," Tony clarified with a grin. "Shuri is going to have a girls night with Cleo, I believe."

"Pampering and relaxing, yes," Shuri affirmed.

Steve rubbed the back of his neck, a nervous tell of his. "Jesus... who knows what you've planned for the both of us."

Tony laughed and reached out to clap his hand on Steve's shoulder. "It will be tame, my friend. I wouldn't make you too uncomfortable," he said with a chuckle. "Just some good food and drinks, some reminiscing."

"That I can do," Steve agreed. "It's been a long time since I've seen some of the guys. I can't believe you got Barton away from the farm."

"He said for you, he could take a few days," Tony told him. "So when we're finished here, we can meet up with them. Where is the other groom?"

Steve grinned at the thought. "He went to check on the clinic. Something about Cleo having a few pets that are going home to their families."

"Does the woman stop working?" Tony asked with a smirk. Pepper was the same way.

"Not often," Steve grinned. "She's passionate about her animals."

"We all have our passions," Tony said with a smile. He could be a workaholic too, so who was he to judge? "Alright, anything else we can do down here or should we go find the guys?"

Steve shook his head. "I think everything is handled here."

"Great. I think everyone was meeting up at the palace," Tony said, gesturing that direction. "Let's head up."

"Sure." Steve turned and thanked Shuri before following Tony up the path. "Thanks for coming, Tony."

"I wouldn't miss it," his friend replied. "I'm so happy for you, buddy. You're getting everything you've ever wanted, at the same time. That's rare."

Steve chuckled and nodded as they turned on the path towards the palace. "Yeah. Sometimes I keep wondering if the other shoe is going to drop."

"I think we're always going to be waiting for that," Tony observed with a shrug. "I know I do. But we can't live like that. We need to be in the moment as much as we can. Who knows how many moments we'll get."