° Heaven Occupancy: Overbooked °

"Baxter! Dammit!" I took off after him, but it was no use. The squirrel had lost the boxer's attention and now he realized he'd snatched the leash from my hands so he was free to run wherever he pleased. The foliage slashed into my ankles as I ran, but it was no use. Baxter had gotten too far ahead and there was no way I could catch up to him. With an exasperated sigh, I sat with my back against a tree. This wasn't the first time Baxter had managed to slip away from me. Even with the help of multiple dog trainers, he still wouldn't listen to anything I said. I'd raised him since he was a puppy so I didn't want to just give up on him. He was a good boy, even if he was stubborn.

The wind blew through the trees. It was starting to get dark, but I knew I wouldn't be able to find Baxter before then. I slowly made my way back to where my car was parked. A rustling noise pulled me from my thoughts. A large, male deer emerged from the brush, it's antlers stood tall and proud on top of his head. The buck paid me no mind at first, but I didn't move since I didn't want to accidentally startle it.

A scream clawed it's way out of my throat when the deer looked directly into my eyes and smiled a large, yellow toothed grin.

•~•~•~•

"A meeting with heaven?" I asked Charlie. The blonde girl nodded excitedly. "Yea! Well, technically it isn't specifically about the hotel, but obviously I want to bring it up!" She continued flipping through her papers, most of which were crayon colored drawings of her dreams for redeeming sinners. "And you said your dad was the one that arranged it?" I continued questioning. She nodded again. "Well, he knows about the hotel. I mean, I've told him about it but he doesn't really know about it.. if that makes any sense."

It didn't make any sense. But Charlie was so excited I didn't want to bother her by asking too many unrelated questions. I was excited for her, I know this meeting meant the world to her & I already felt bad enough denying her request for me to go with her. I didn't think I'd be a great candidate to show off to the angels about redemption considering I didn't even own my soul anymore.

"It shouldn't take us too long," Charlie interrupted my thoughts. "It should only be a few hours. Unless they really like the idea & we end up discussing it even longer!" I glanced at Vaggie. She looked uncomfortable. She'd expressed to Charlie that she didn't want to attend the meeting, but eventually gave up since she wanted to support her partner.

The hotel was pretty quiet after they left. Alastor & I were able to sneak away to talk, which I enjoyed a lot. He didn't speak to most of the outside world aside from his radio broadcasts, but even those were far & few between nowadays. The recent run-in with Vox made him stop broadcasting altogether recently. I wondered why, if I had to put money on a fight between the two.. my money was on Alastor.

The sound of Alastor turning the page in his book brought me from my wandering thoughts. I scrolled mindlessly through my phone, anxiety for Charlie & Vaggie holding my true attention. I hoped they were alright.

I looked across the room at Alastor. One hand was holding his book open while the other made circles around the rim of his pink coffee mug. 'Oh Deer', how fitting. A smile made its way across my face as I stared at him. The light filtered in through the window behind him casting an illuminating glow around his silhouette.

 The light filtered in through the window behind him casting an illuminating glow around his silhouette

I watched his eyes glide back & forth as he read. Eventually he grew bored of reading & closed the book, placing it gently on his desk. He folded his hands in front of him, interlocking his fingers before he looked at me. "Did you have plans today?" He asked. I'd already turned my attention back to my phone, trying my best to keep my mind off of the weird dream I had the night prior. What did it mean? Why did it feel so real?

"Not really," I said flatly. "Just planned on doing this all day." I scrolled past yet another ad for the new club that opened up the street from the hotel and had to physically stop myself from rolling my eyes at seeing Vox and Valentino on the ad. I ended up closing the app entirely after that with a sigh.

"Did you have something planned?" I sat up, putting my phone face down on the couch. Alastor's smile widened, his eyes narrowing before he spoke. "Hm, not particularly.." his voice softened towards the end & I noticed his eyes scanning my neck. I pulled the collar of my shirt over the finally healing wound. "I don't think so," I shook my head. "All you do is tease."

A static filled laugh echoed through his room. "You can't refuse me, y/n." A chill traveled up my spine. He was right, but I wasn't sure if it had anything to do with our deal or not. I couldn't get enough of him.

"But that isn't really what I had in mind," he continued. "Until you start behaving, you'll get nothing like that." My eyes rolled, breaking my gaze from the radio demon with a shake of my head. He didn't play fair. The past few days he's been doing nothing but pushing my buttons & making me want him even more. 'Accidentally' brushing against me when we're around the others, seductive looks from across the room, watching him lick his lips drove me absolutely insane. There was only so much I could do for myself, but it wasn't what I truly desired. I crossed my legs, the heat building between my thighs at the thought of getting myself off to the idea of him again. There was no satisfaction in it, my body craved him & there was nothing else that could satisfy me.

"Alastor," I whined. His clawed fingers tapped against the wooden desk. My mind immediately flooded with the things he'd done to me on that very spot. He gingerly traced the deep gashes he'd left in the wood, not saying a word, just staring at me with that smug smile on his face. His head tilted to the side. Damn it.

"This isn't fair," I whined again. My brows pushed themselves together as I looked at him once more. "You know what you do to me." Alastor laughed again. "Oh I'm very well aware of the effects I have on you, little doe. I quite enjoy watching you squirm." His ears went back slightly as he placed his hands under his chin, still smiling smugly. I couldn't control my thoughts around him. It made me feel hypnotized, even somewhat perverted in an odd way. He consumed my every thought, lust bubbled in my stomach even when he wasn't around. Alastor was intoxicating & I wondered if these feelings would dissipate once he gave me more of what I desired. That looming voice in the back of my mind told me it likely wouldn't & that I'd very likely be even more obsessed with his presence.

I enjoyed being around him even before things between us got much more... Complicated. He was so gentle, quiet, always thinking. Alastor was more than carnal desires to me, even if that was mostly what I'd been thinking about recently. We'd been spending more time together in secret. He'd tell me about his favorite recipes, what he enjoyed doing, but any time I brought up his previous life he would change the subject entirely. I felt like he was hiding something, not from me specifically, but he was so secretive towards everyone about who he was before he died that it did raise suspicions from me.

Alastor owned Husk & Niffty's souls, but he obviously wasn't as close with them as he & I are. But even then I didn't feel as if we were that close. So many secrets from him, I couldn't remember my past life, he didn't bother to indulge in any of it. I questioned Alastor's motives for wanting my soul, it'd been weeks since we made our deal but the only time he ever mentioned it was when our lust was involved. It didn't necessarily raise red flags for me, it was just.. odd. This man was so full of secrets. I wondered when he would finally explode.