° Party for Two °

Loud bass thumped heavily from the building Alastor & I approached, the concrete below my feet feeling as if it would nearly crack from the pressure of the vibrations. A twinge of nervousness made itself comfortable in my stomach and formed a tight knot of anxiety that I couldn't shake off. Angel was gone, leaving Alastor and I alone. He'd walked too far ahead or invited himself into one of the many buildings we'd passed. There was a possibility he was in there, but I didn't exactly want to go inside to find out.

To my surprise, we walked right past it. Alastor glanced down at me as my entire body tensed, but then relaxed as we made our way by. He chuckled softly, "I have something much more your speed planned." A wave of relief washed over me. As many creepy vibes Alastor gave off, I felt oddly safe with him nearby. Well, it was a strange mixture of being safe but also knowing he would kill me if he wanted. Some would compare it to standing next to a sleeping lion while covered in steak sauce. Deadly, yet there was curiosity that edged me to get closer to him. As soon as the lion awoke.. all hell would break loose. Literally.

Our walk seemed to be taking us in circles, but I still didn't know the place too well so I didn't say anything. Maybe all of the buildings just looked the same? The sun had gone down even more which made the sky a deep maroon color.. almost black in a way. I realized how beautiful the hues of color were here. Bright neon lights broke the true colors and I wondered what they would look like somewhere else, far away from the city. The city itself was beautiful, the architecture was something that I was lucky enough to be able to admire, but the sky itself was something to behold. There was nothing else like it.

Alastor abruptly stopped walking, also making me freeze in my tracks. I glanced up at him, yet he held his poker face. "You need to stay behind me," he said softly, the tone of his voice sending a chill down my spine. Something was wrong. Three large shadows emerged from.. nothing. Sliding across the ground, it looked like large splatters of oil slinking across the pavement closer and closer to us. I stepped behind Alastor quickly, obeying his words. The heat radiating from his body made me want to step away, but I stayed glued to my place behind him. Nearly touching..

I couldn't see past his tall frame, but when a voice spoke I was pulled from my thoughts. Even almost lost my composure & darted for the nearest alley. "What do you have there?" 

"Nothing you should concern yourself with," Alastor replied sharply. "Alastor has a pet" Another voice laughed. "Doesn't she want to come play?"

I stared at the ground quietly. It was humiliating now, I just wanted to go back to the hotel. I knew I shouldn't have left.

"Close your eyes," Alastor whispered quietly. I knew it was meant for me. I did as he said, knowing I wouldn't want to see what was about to happen. Those fools were just asking for a death wish to approach Alastor the way they did. Everyone knew him and everyone knew what he was capable of. 

I felt the heat disappear and realized he'd stepped away from me. It immediately made me feel vulnerable, but I trusted him enough to know he wouldn't do anything to let me get hurt. Crazy, I know, but he seems very.. protective. It happened quickly and quietly, besides the few loud snaps that made me flinch every time they echoed through the stone buildings.

"Take my hand, but don't open your eyes," he said quietly. I reached my hand out and he grasped it softly, leading me forward. "Big step," he warned. I took a step forward and hit something squishy, but lifted my foot higher and easily stepped over it. I didn't even want to know what it was. He led me for a bit and finally said it was alright to open my eyes again. 

"I apologize for that inconvenience," he said sharply. He stood up straight and composed himself once more, that smile planted gracefully on his face like always. "After that I'm not in much of the mood to do the activities planned tonight," he said, glancing away from me. "Neither am I," I admitted, biting my lip. Honestly I just felt weird and wanted to go back to the hotel. Maybe sit in the lobby and get drunk with Husk. At least we'd be able to bond that way.