° Authentic Introductions °

I woke up slowly, I was never really a morning person. Stretching loudly, I don't think I've ever felt better. Strangely, I somehow felt more alive than I think I ever did, but I couldn't be sure. My memory was still fuzzy, bits and pieces seemed like they wanted to come back to me, but I couldn't tell if it was real or parts of a dream. That's basically how my past life felt, so dreamlike, but this was my new reality and I was ready for whatever this place had for me. Redemption or not, I had to be able to withstand anything that came to me.

Stepping out of the bed, I glanced at the dresser and saw clothes sitting on top. They were folded neatly and stacked accordingly. A couple t-shirts, three pairs of jeans, some underwear and a cute pair of sneakers. Opting for a plain black low cut shirt and the ripped light blue jeans, I grabbed them and made my way to one of the doors I noticed earlier to find the bathroom. I opened the closet first by accident, which was much more spacious than I thought it would be. The bathroom was nice and clean, cute spider shaped soap placed thoughtfully on the sink. A soft and fluffy black towel was waiting for me by the sink as well with a small note on top of it.

Come down when you're ready, we have a busy day ahead! - Charlie & Vaggie

I smiled at the sweet gesture. Charlie was already making this place feel like home. I was determined to make her proud and to make her see that her idea wasn't as farfetched as everyone else was making it seem.

Contrary to popular belief, hell wasn't hot, and they also had cold water. A warm shower was exactly what I needed. Stepping out, I quickly dried myself off and threw my hair into a towel hat before putting on the clothes they so nicely left for me. The pants were a little long since I was so short, so I cuffed the bottoms and finished drying my hair. Staring at my reflection as I ran my fingers through to pull out any knots, I wondered if hell had hair dye. The color was fading, making it look a faded (your hair color).

I tossed the towel over the shower rod and made my way back into the room, sliding on some socks and the sneakers. Shoving the room key in my pocket and locking the door behind me, I tried to track my way back the way Charlie led me which ended up being completely wrong. Fuck, I'm lost.

I wandered around for a while, examining the doors and their intricate framework. Some of the doors themselves had carvings of Halloween-esque things like bats and spiders. Eventually, I came to a dead end with a large window. Glancing outside, it seemed so much more full of life, but.. not with people. Strange animal-like creatures walked around the city as if it was just another day in their world. Some sported large horns, others were more canine-esque, & some even looked.. more human. Large neon signs lit up the roads, drug shops and the like lining the inner parts of the buildings. This was hell, but to some it would be a dream come true.

A chill traveled down my spine and I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around quickly but only saw the empty hallway. Shaking it off, I ventured back down it, determined to keep my cool long enough to find Charlie. The doors all looked the same, making me feel like I was just going in circles. That dreadful feeling of being watched refused to leave, but I kept trying to forget it. This was a new place, I was bound to feel a bit nervous.

"He said he had some business to take care of and that he'll be back later. Who knows, he probably just needs to wreak some havoc, it's probably taking everything in him to control himself while he's here." A voice spoke. I followed the sound, my steps speeding up when I heard Charlie.

"Maybe, but I don't really know if we should, you know.. trust him." She said with a sigh. "I want to, but I don't know, Angel.. He's powerful. I'm not sure if we could stop him if he got upset."

"We can't," another voice spoke up. Feminine but a bit harsh. "This is exactly why I didn't want him in on everything. You can't trust him, Charlie. He is pure evil."

I came around the corner, the familiar sight of the lobby making me internally squeal with relief. Charlie was standing in front of an ornate couch, everything here basically looked like it came straight from a castle. "Hi Charlie," I said with a smile. She turned to look at me, her face lighting up immediately. "Oh, (y/n)! Good morning!"

She turned back to the couch, where two figures sat. One was female, a large red X covered her left eye that was semi covered with hair. A large red bow stuck up from behind her head. The rest of her hair was long and pure white. She seemed... angelic in a way.

She partially smiled at me, giving a small wave. "I'm Vaggie," she said. "I hope the clothes I picked were alright, I wasn't sure what your style was." I glanced down at my outfit and looked back up at her. "Oh they're wonderful, thank you."

"Y/n," Charlie started, pulling my attention away from Vaggie. "This is Angel Dust, our other patron in the redemption endeavor." I looked at the other figure who was obviously disinterested in my presence. They had fluffy white & pink hair, a large bowtie adorning their slender neck. Their eyes were different, one with black around the pink iris and the other white. "I could've introduced myself," he's spoke to Charlie, crossing one of his two pair of arms. He looked back at me, "Name's Angel Dust hotcakes. If ya need anything, feel free to ask. Or don't." He shrugged.

I smiled and nodded politely, his attitude was tinged with sarcasm but I didn't really mind. "Alastor isn't here right now but I'll be sure to introduce you when he gets back," Charlie smiled. It seemed forced. "Until then, maybe you and Angel can go out and get some essentials you'll need while you're staying with us."

Vaggie took it as her cue to hand Charlie a handful of money, Angel's eyes growing wide. "Hey, woah woah. Why do I gotta babysit? I'm a busy guy!"

"Because this will keep you out of trouble. If anything happens to her, you're dead," Vaggie said, handing me the money. I shoved it deep into my pocket where my hotel room key was. "Ugh, fine I guess. If it gets me outta here for a bit. And I already told ya babe, you're stuck with me. Whatever keeps me crashing here rent free... drugs are expensive." Angel winked at her and she angrily stared back, eyes nearly cutting him like knives. He stood up, the heeled boots he was wearing giving a bit more height to his already tall & slender frame. The huge pink and white spider towering over me made me feel a bit intimidated, but also a little safer having such a large escort into the city.

We left together, my legs having to work overtime to keep up with Angel. One of his steps was like three of mine and I smiled, remembering how Charlie was also a bit of a long legged speed walker. "What's with the creepy smiley-ness around here?" Angel asked. "First Smiles and now you? Geez I better plaster one on myself," he grinned, a single gold tooth catching the light. I laughed, "I was just caught in thought. Where are we headed?"

"I figured maybe you'd wanna grab some new clothes. Vaggie has a trash style choice, but if you couldn't tell," he ran a pink gloved hand through his hair. "I have much better clothing choices." He then gestured to his outfit, long thigh high boots, a short black miniskirt, pink and white suit. Along with that super fancy bowtie and choker.

"Maybe," I said. "I could at least give it a shot. What's the worst that could happen?"