° Hatred, Born From Ignorance °

🪐 Author Note/Warning; There is a forced sex scene in this chapter. If you would like to skip it, read until the 🎀 emoji and find the second one (🎀) that marks the ending of the scene. 🪐

My hands tightened around the steering wheel as a red Ford darted in front of me. "Fucking asshole!" I said angrily, slamming on the horn. Hey! Easy," Anthony spoke from the passenger seat. "Traffic's bad today, just calm down." His knuckles were white as he grabbed his knees, trying not to freak out from my crazy driving. "I should've drove," he said, staring out the window. "You're gonna fuck up my car."

"I'm not going to fuck up your car," I replied, rolling my eyes. We eventually made it back to his house in one piece, might I add, and we both got out and went inside.

I finally got the all clear to return to my apartment tomorrow and I was excited to go back home, but knowing my precious Baxter wouldn't be there to greet me made it bittersweet. I missed him so much.

The police never got matches for the DNA samples they took, which means no family connections. It was an odd case, but since he was dead there was no reason for me to go into any protection programs or anything like that. The apartment owners finally set up security cameras around the duplex just in case any weirdos tried something like that again. The police did, however, find some DNA matches for the clothing and hair that was found and broke the bad news to those families. It was a pretty shit situation overall. What I'm pissed about is that I don't even have a name to hate, just a face.

Anthony had been nice enough to let me stay here, but that didn't mean he helped me with anything else. He insisted on "escorting" me everywhere and said he was worried about me, but in reality I know that he just likes having power over me again. I missed a lot of work which meant I needed to borrow money from him and he constantly held that over my head as well. Not to mention how he was covering my food and bought clothes for me since I wasn't allowed back into my apartment right after the.. event. It was a goddamn field trip for his ego.

I went to the guest bedroom where I'd been staying and started packing my things, neatly folding all of my clothes and putting them wherever they fit in the bag. I didn't have much, but I was appreciative of what Anthony had done for me. Not everyone would help their ex in a crisis.

Laying on the bed, I plugged my phone in and scrolled through Instagram, double tapping every once in a while on whatever caught my attention. After a while, my eyelids began to feel heavy and I slowly drifted to sleep.

~~~

🎀

"Yeah man, in here," a voice said before laughing, making me stir in my sleep. A loud thump made me jump awake, sitting straight up in the bed. The wall was cold against my back, bringing me back to reality almost instantly. Anthony swung open the door, a devilish grin on his face.

His friend Trevor trailed behind him, a face I hadn't seen in over a year but still looked exactly the same. His thin, light brown hair was pulled into a ponytail at the nape of his neck, a snapback covering his head. Clean shaven face exposed a thin frown, his deep caramel brown eyes darted between Anthony and I. "You said she'd be asleep."

"Yeah I thought so," he said sharply, I glanced at the blue can of beer in his hand. "A-Anthony?" I said, "What are you doing?" My heart sped up as memories of his alcoholic aggression raced through my head. "Easy now, sweetheart," he purred, his tone making me feel sick to my stomach. He sat the can on the floor near the end of the bed and took a step toward me. "Back up," I demanded, reaching for my phone. "I'll call the cops."